Marlins most watched Opening Day since 2011 on FOX Sports Florida

Admin

Yesterday’s game finished as the most watched Marlins Opening Day on FOX Sports Florida since 2011

Ø The 2.6 HH rating average for the afternoon broadcast in the South Florida market is a +35% year-over-year improvement from Opening Day 2014 when the game posted a 1.9 HH in a primetime first pitch.

Ø Live statewide coverage began promptly at 2:30 p.m. and ran until 7:30 p.m. The broadcast included pregame player introductions, Marlins Owner Jeffrey Loria and Marlins President of Baseball Operations Michael Hill on the pregame, Marlins President David Samson during the game and a live postgame show.

Best and Worst news ever... I was seriously thinking about this during the game last night and not just after this post... Disastrous losses like last night are so horrible on Opening Day because you have every casual fan and doubter thinking we really play that bad and that that game was the norm. This crap gets so magnified. Too many of those people won't watch another game this year unless its a playoff game. There's nothing you can do about it but its the truth.

Best and Worst news ever... I was seriously thinking about this during the game last night and not just after this post... Disastrous losses like last night are so horrible on Opening Day because you have every casual fan and doubter thinking we really play that bad and that that game was the norm. This crap gets so magnified. Too many of those people won't watch another game this year unless its a playoff game. There's nothing you can do about it but its the truth.

​De Marleen sock again, I saw de game yestardei!

​De Marleen sock again, I saw de game yestardei!

lol

We unfortunately weren't one of the watchers! We are living at my brother in laws while our house is renovated and his recording of the game ended after the top of the first..... Wild Card threw a temper tantrum on the edge of his brother's bed in his underwear. I'm glad it wasn't a fantastic game.

We unfortunately weren't one of the watchers! We are living at my brother in laws while our house is renovated and his recording of the game ended after the top of the first..... Wild Card threw a temper tantrum on the edge of his brother's bed in his underwear. I'm glad it wasn't a fantastic game.

sidy.gif

Holy hell I just got home from work and went to skim through the recording just to view some of the "highlights" from the broadcast since I was at the game in person... And my recording cut off at the end of the top of the first too!? What gives!?? Anyone else have this problem?

​Well then last night finished off any casual fans, to follow your logic.

​I wouldn't doubt if it did.

​Yeah that's exactly my logic. It's called "The Miami Sports Fans"

Holy hell I just got home from work and went to skim through the recording just to view some of the "highlights" from the broadcast since I was at the game in person... And my recording cut off at the end of the top of the first too!? What gives!?? Anyone else have this problem?

​That's interesting! At least we weren't the only ones....