Cishek as closer

I've never liked Cishek since he became a closer. Never thought he was good. Yeah statistically his numbers are good in the past. But every single time he pitches its fucking nerve racking. All my friends think I'm crazy because I dislike him, but he's making me look so smart this year. 

​jose as closer???

Just until the AS break when they could make a move for someone and gain full strength and endurance back in the arm. If not I wouldn't mind Alavarez or Phelps as back up options but I like the idea of Jose in the pen at first. Could go back to the 2-3 inning closer in situations. Would still have a rotation of 

Alvarez 

latos

cosart

phelps 

Koehler/Haren 

Also heard absolutely not to trying to make a move for papelbon because cishek wasn't the answer before the season. But I guess it's a smarter decision to move Koehler and Haren to the bullpen where they have less value than as a starter instead of having a closer gain arm strength and endurance coming off an injury and filling a need 

The fact that Dee Gordon just tweeted pisses me off. 

Unlike us, these players don't pout over individual losses. And I can understand us all being upset, we deserve to be upset, but I'm proud of Dee and the rest of the team being stand up pros and already being ready to move on to LA and win. That's part of being a winning team and overcoming disastrous games like today.

Unlike us, these players don't pout over individual losses. And I can understand us all being upset, we deserve to be upset, but I'm proud of Dee and the rest of the team being stand up pros and already being ready to move on to LA and win. That's part of being a winning team and overcoming disastrous games like today.

​This is true. But at least wait until tomorrow. 

Who else got the bad vibe when Yelich got thrown out?

If anything, this confirms that this is where the organization is gonna start when looking to make upgrades. And the trade deadline is far away but the Marlins have been known to make a May-June trade or two when the opportunity arises, almost like making an early trade deadline improvement.

Cody Ross in 2006, Justin Ruggiano in 2012, Brian Morris in 2014, and while they didn't work out you can also say Kevin Gregg and Ross Wolf last year.

The point is, this team doesn't always wait until late July for upgrades. Keep that in mind.

Edit: same can be said for minor league callups at this time of year when needed: Ozuna, Yelich, Marisnick, Stanton, Coghlan, Cabrera, Willis, the most obvious ones.

I think Koehler should be moved to the pen and eventually be given a shot at the closer job.  He has the stuff for it.

​I'm kinda in agreement here with Koehler, at least when HA returns (not before).  He's been good at the first take through a lineup, and could give us several innings on the back end, something I've seen other teams doing more and more (also makes the gives the Closer position more value then it has currently when they can do more then just the 9th).

Absolutely no to Jose closing.  If Jose is healthy enough to pitch, he starts.  End of story.  He is WAY too good to be wasted as a reliever.