5/16 Post Game

Guest Vince0926

Polly, the brooms are coming out tomorrow! Its not in our favor! And i said i think the braves wont sweep us to be honest. Something has to give!!!

Guest Vince0926
To be fair, we have a league average offense, not a weak one.

If you watch this team everyday then you cant believe that. The only guy with any form of consistency is dee gordon.

Polly, the brooms are coming out tomorrow! Its not in our favor! And i said i think the braves wont sweep us to be honest. Something has to give!!!

We've got holes that need to be patched up but so do the Braves, I'd be pretty surprised if we get swept even with the way this series has gone.

If you watch this team everyday then you cant believe that. The only guy with any form of consistency is dee gordon.

He's not "believing" that Vince, I'm pretty sure he's going by facts/numbers. Our offense is fine. Every lineup has inconsistent guys. I'd take our lineup over plenty of others in a heartbeat.

​You're assuming we make a qualifying offer though which I don't think we will.

​Yeah. Which teams offer the contract for injury-prone pitcher?

At first, we have dealt with Disco-Latos swapt, it looked for Latos' FA-roid and Balance pick. Am I wrong?

Guest Vince0926
You can change the players and the coaches but you can't change the same inconsistent fucking Marlins. 

Lets leave more runners on base. Make sure all of Giancarlo's home runs are solo shots. Pathetic. 

Culture of losing. For the opposite take a look at cardinals and tigers 

Culture of losing. For the opposite take a look at cardinals and tigers 

I know you're referring to the Tigers recent streak of division championships. But their last world series championship was 1984, and 4 total in their 110 year existence. Their historically bad 2003 season was fun, too.

Guest Vince0926

I feel culture of losing teams are miami, san diego, arizona, colorado, reds, mets, cubs (the most of them all), pirates, mariners, blue jays, indians, rangers. You see tigers, giants, dodgers, cardinals, yankees, angels at the dance every year it seems.

The idea was always to stay within striking range of .500 before Fernandez came back. Right now we're 5 games back of 1st place 5 out of .500. Not what we would have hoped but considering injuries to Alvarez and Yelich it isn't terrible (not to mention this is with Cisheks implosion as well). We still have 8 games left in the homestand. We get Alvarez back tomorrow. Let's win tomorrow. And keep fighting. If we finish this homestand 2-3 out of .500 it would be ok. Still a long season ahead of us and we have a talented group. Hopefully we do something to fix up the pen a bit but it's not time to panic just yet. 

To be fair, we have a league average offense, not a weak one.

​It's slightly below average. The team can get on base at a decent clip, but the power department is almost nonexistent outside of Stanton. Stanton has half of the total team's HRs.

This offense is not very good and it's going to get worse when Dee Gordon stops hitting .450.

​It's slightly below average. The team can get on base at a decent clip, but the power department is almost nonexistent outside of Stanton. Stanton has half of the total team's HRs.

This offense is not very good and it's going to get worse when Dee Gordon stops hitting .450.

But can't the same argument be made that it can get better if Ozuna and Morse go back to their average power numbers as opposed to this year where both have been hitting below that. 

But can't the same argument be made that it can get better if Ozuna and Morse go back to their average power numbers as opposed to this year where both have been hitting below that. 

A lot more likely of Ozuna rebounding then Morse. Morse is done, stick a fork in him. Unless he's going reverse McGehee this year, 2nd half all star caliber?

If Morse continues to struggle, we'll probably see a Bour/Baker platoon at 1B sooner rather than later.

I doubt the offense from 1B will be as bad as it's been so far this year.

Everything should even out which should lead to about the same thing. This is a league average offense. In addition to Ozuna's lack of power and nothing from 1B, Yelich has been getting a pass around here for being absolute shit. I'd like to think that won't continue all year either.

The idea was always to stay within striking range of .500 before Fernandez came back. Right now we're 5 games back of 1st place 5 out of .500. Not what we would have hoped but considering injuries to Alvarez and Yelich it isn't terrible (not to mention this is with Cisheks implosion as well). We still have 8 games left in the homestand. We get Alvarez back tomorrow. Let's win tomorrow. And keep fighting. If we finish this homestand 2-3 out of .500 it would be ok. Still a long season ahead of us and we have a talented group. Hopefully we do something to fix up the pen a bit but it's not time to panic just yet. 

​Panic button was pressed when we started the season 3-11. I know this is a long season but this team clearly doesnt have it. Even Jose returning he might need the batters to wake up and score 10 runs before the bullpens takes over. Remember that game where the bullpen gave away a 8 run lead. But dont worry this team will get it together....Sorry man I really dont see it happening.