When all the pitchers return

If they all come back, need to make room on the roster for Latos, Cishek, Cosart, Jose, Alvarez and Morris.

6 guys need to go down. Rienzo and Flores already down for Latos and Cishek. That leaves 4.

Dietrich (back to 4 position players), Mazzaro are the next two. Then Urena, unfortunately. No room for him on the starting rotation and he can keep getting better in the minors.

I think the last one has to be Dyson even though he's better than Morris. But, he still has minor league options left. And that would leave Hand, Koehler and Phelps in the bullpen. Interesting decisions ahead.

Wouldnt expect Alvarez back anytime soon. Latos will be given every opportunity to earn that ~$9 million. Hand & Cosart/Koehler will be traded I believe. Still would rather not see Jose pitch this year 

​But why? If he doesn't pitch this year in the big leagues, that's 23 months off of a Major League roster. He's doing fine in his rehab starts, so why not?

​But why? If he doesn't pitch this year in the big leagues, that's 23 months off of a Major League roster. He's doing fine in his rehab starts, so why not?

For sure. Everything you said is correct....but we're not winning anything this year & we all agree it's too soon

For sure. Everything you said is correct....but we're not winning anything this year & we all agree it's too soon

​I don't think any of us agree with that, to be honest.

I say bring him back latest just after the all-star break, personally. 12-18 months is the usual recovery time, and if he returns at the end of this month or beginning of next month, that'll be just a tick under 14 months. That's not at all too soon.

​I don't think any of us agree with that, to be honest.

I say bring him back latest just after the all-star break, personally. 12-18 months is the usual recovery time, and if he returns at the end of this month or beginning of next month, that'll be just a tick under 14 months. That's not at all too soon.

I'm a "fan"....I understand that.....but we're not winning anything this year

Remember 2001?

I remember the year existing, yes, but I wasn't yet a baseball fan. That happened in early 2003, when I decided I'd try out for a baseball team and I made it. So, whatever you're referring to, I'm not entirely sure.

Either way - if he doesn't suffer a setback, let him pitch. He's going to be on an innings limit, anyways.

I doubt they trade Cosart. I so no reason why Fernandez really shouldn't pitch. If anything Alvarez should be the one not pitching. 

​Agreed. We're somehow amazingly only 6 games out of first (tks shitty muts/nats)....Jose absolutely should pitch if he is ready. But Harvey's troubles might be a glimpse of what we'll get from jose which is the stuff is absolutely there, but the command isn't. It takes time. 

I'm a "fan"....I understand that.....but we're not winning anything this year

​I don't understand. Because you don't think we are winning anything year, we should shelve arguably the most dominant pitcher in baseball even if he is fully healthy?

And I mean, despite a bevy of injuries, we are only six games back in a horrendous division with the All-Star break still a month away. It's silly to throw in the towel this early.

they're sure as hell not winning the division. 0% chance. if the fish catch the Nationals in the standings any time during the rest of the year I'll donate a cool Jackson to the site. that's right. $20. 

​Okay. So we should just shelve Fernandez because a couple of guys on an Internet forum feel like we have no shot of winning. Great way of conducting business.

The fact of the matter is that we are within striking distance, and if Jose is healthy, there is absolutely no reason not to bring him back.