A-Rod's 3000th hit a Homer

Michael

God I hate Zack Hample. And yes el penguino I remember Hample coming on this board. Guy portrayed himself like a douche so my opinion on him remains the same. It's a bit funny he's the one that got the ball, but it's annoying he'll get paid 5 figures for the ball. Multi millionaire or not, I always think the record baseballs belong to the players and should lie on that player's trophy case, not a fan's desk. I don't even like A-Rod and still think he should get that ball one way or another.

God I hate Zack Hample. And yes el penguino I remember Hample coming on this board. Guy portrayed himself like a douche so my opinion on him remains the same. It's a bit funny he's the one that got the ball, but it's annoying he'll get paid 5 figures for the ball. Multi millionaire or not, I always think the record baseballs belong to the players and should lie on that player's trophy case, not a fan's desk. I don't even like A-Rod and still think he should get that ball one way or another.

You think it'll be only five figures?

Try seven. Maybe even eight if A-Rod really, really wants it.

Or he'll sue, who knows? IDK. MLB could sue.

I could sue. Hey dim, let's sue Zack Hample.

I think he'll cave and ultimately swap the ball for some autographs or tickets or something. I suspect he just likes the attention now and wants to feel like he's in a position of power. Only a douche like Hample could make people sympathize with A-Rod.

The dude charges people $500 per game for people to tag along with him while he helps them catch baseballs. And people actually pay for this bullshit.

You think it'll be only five figures?

Try seven. Maybe even eight if A-Rod really, really wants it.

Or he'll sue, who knows? IDK. MLB could sue.

I could sue. Hey dim, let's sue Zack Hample.

I meant to type six. I think he'll get 6 figures.

Also, I'm in on suing him. I'd also hit it where it hurts. Take away his balls. All his balls. Leave him with 0 balls to his name.

I think this situation is perfect scenario for both douche bags, A Roid will have to pony up if he wants that ball back and Hample will look like petty little POS that he is for holding the ball ransom, the only thing that could add to the total douchiness is if someone starts a go fund me to help pay the ransom.

What were the odds of Hample catching that ball? Like that's some one in a million, lightning strike shit right there. Crazy.

One in how many people were sitting in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium last night. The odds were probably a bit better on account of the fact that he's a "pro" at catching baseballs at ballparks.

One in how many people were sitting in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium last night. The odds were probably a bit better on account of the fact that he's a "pro" at catching baseballs at ballparks.

no no no, not even ... You're just putting his odds on how many people would catch that home run but its more than that. There's no way of knowing at which game ARod would get the hit, or if it would even be a home run. Then if its a homer where would the ball land? If it wasn't a homer then nobody would have even caught the ball. It's trivial but my thought process goes way beyond how many people were sitting in that section. It's almost literally astronomical odds and then to narrow it down to Zack fn Hample is insane.

He's been going to a lot of the Yankee home games while A-Rod was getting close to the milestone. He was at the games on both Wednesday and Thursday. So he was guaranteed to be present in the park when A-Rod hit it.

I see what you are saying otherwise. If it's not a home run, an umpire just picks it up and tosses it into the dugout for A-Rod's safekeeping. But as long as that 3000th hit IS a home run, the odds of Hample being the one to catch it are pretty much a function of how many people are sitting in the bleachers at Yankee stadium. He also get's an advantage for having a glove with him, and being an expert at hawking baseballs.

Basically what I mean is that if there's a milestone HR happening at Yankee stadium, the odds of Hample catching it are certainly remote but it's not a "one in a million" scenario either.

It is a one in a million scenario, though. What were the odds that A-Rod would get hit #3000 at home? Not the highest, although once he had 2999 at home, then yeah. But, going further. What are the chances that it would have been a home run? 667 of his 3000 hits [a little more than 20%] have been home runs. So you have to factor that in.

Then, what are the chances that he would have gone the other way with it? Realistically, another 1 in 5, maybe? Left, left center, center, right center, right. Another 20%, yeah.

Then, what are the chances that Zack Hample would have just so happened to be RIGHT where Alex had hit the ball? That has to be rather low chance. So ... maybe this is a one in a million scenario.

Odds are greater than 50/50 that he hits it at home.

But again, assuming #3000 is a home run, the odds certainly are not one in a million that Hample is the one to catch it. They are still remote, but much much lower.

You're giving us the odds after the assumption that the hit is a home run, I said one in a million before that assumption and that's where I'm thinking the odds have to be through the roof. I get what you're getting at but Michael is thinking more along with me.

I mean think about Ichiros chase right now. What are the odds that his 3000th hit is a homer? And yes I understand he has less power than ARod but the point remains that you simply cannot assume that he'll hit a homer for 3000.

And guess who caught it?

Zack fucking Hample, the ball hawker.

He says he's not giving the ball to A-Rod, either. Dude is 10 times the douche A-Rod is.

I retweeted Jon Heymans tweet calling him an AHole- all the little ball hAwkers came out of the woodwork. 

Nothing but sheep in that herd, eventually they will all be led to slaughter.