"Fox Sports' Jon Morosi reports the Marlins have received "multiple trade inquiries" on starters Mat Latos and Dan Haren."Morosi added that teams are also interested in Tom Koehler and reliever Brad Hand. With Jose Fernandez moving into the rotation this week, the Marlins have a surplus of starting pitching. Miami could use a power bat with Giancarlo Stanton (broken hand) out of the lineup. - Morosi tweet followed by Rotoworld blurb"

...wait what? Someone wants to trade for Brad Hand? Can we please throw in a Solano or two in that trade?

And then there's this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2506524-mlb-trade-deadline-2015-predicting-every-mlb-team-as-deadline-buyerseller/page/16

Anyway, curious to see who most of you think we should trade, even if it's for virtually nothing and what you're looking for in return.

Think most of us will agree we need to trade Dan Haren. He's performed the best and no way he comes back next year and we also won't pay him. Doesn't make sense to hold on to Latos either. Mostly curious to see who here thinks we should trade Martin Prado. Think it'll be pretty divided. I think Prado is a great guy to have if you have a LF and 1B and CF giving you some power, which we don't... I don't know if we hold on to him and see if Ozuna and Morse rebound, but with this lack of power, seems like we need more juice from 3B. But the 3B FA pool next year is awful. I want to see what we have in Dietrich and give him more at bats but Prado is too solid of a guy to just trade away.

Morse and CIshek's trade values are all too low, we're better off waiting to see if they rebound and either trade them next year if we have a replacement or ride the wave. If we can get a solid arm or prospect for TK, Cosart or David Phelps, do it. Just trade one away of course, simply due to the fact that our farm system is pretty depleted and we have far too many 4-5 type starters, fringe 3 guys at best. I think they're solid back end starters for us behind Jose, Alvarez. If we can get anything for Hand, do it. And I also want to shut down Alvarez for the year and operate and fix his shoulder.

Prado is dependent on return. 

Cishek needs to go. It makes no sense to keep him. 

Cishek's value is at an all-time low, may make more sense to hang onto him and see if he turns things around in the second half.  Then we can deal him in the off-season for a better deal.  Never sell low.  Right now we'd get a nothing guy back for him (Turner trade-ish).  If he doesn't turn things around in 2nd half, that same deal will be there or we could just non-tender him.  This is no risk, all reward type thinking here.

Cishek's value is at an all-time low, may make more sense to hang onto him and see if he turns things around in the second half.  Then we can deal him in the off-season for a better deal.  Never sell low.  Right now we'd get a nothing guy back for him (Turner trade-ish).  If he doesn't turn things around in 2nd half, that same deal will be there or we could just non-tender him.  This is no risk, all reward type thinking here.

Makes sense. I was thinking more in terms of he definitely shouldn't be here next year at this point, but I agree with you. 

Here's the thing. He's already turned it around. People just aren't noticing because it's not the 9th inning and it's understood that we suck now.

Here's the thing. He's already turned it around. People just aren't noticing because it's not the 9th inning and it's understood that we suck now.

He's not the disaster he was before he got sent down, but he's still allowing too many baserunners. I wouldn't say he's completely turned it around yet.

The one thing is his salary. If we are only able to get what we'd get now in the offseason, that's a net 3.3m loss. You need to be confident you can get a better trade in the offseason to keep him.

I read that Toronto is looking for starting pitching help.  Maybe we can get Justin Smoak from them.  Between Colabelo and Encarnacion they have other options at first base.  I know Smoak hasn't been great or lived up to his potential but he is having his best season so far, and is just 28.  Seeing as we have a black hole at first base in the entire organization and also the fact that our trading assets don't have the greatest value, this might be worth a flyer and something the Jays would consider. 

Except that's not true. 

Good analysis would read again.

I'm not going into this again. I've posted Cishek's recent stats and he's not giving up runs anymore. I don't even care if he's on the team or not next year I just hate reading everybody trash Cishek like he's the worst reliever ever this year. It's annoying to read like he didn't bring great value for us the last 4+ years.

Reading all this kinda makes me think we're not exactly "sellers"... we're "buying for next year"... Does that make sense? 

As long as it's not just a fire sale and we're still making moves with a focus on contending as soon as realistically possible (2016) then this is all good despite the disappointment of this season.

That's the typical Marlins propaganda line. They are never "sellers" but are always "buying" for something, even if it's prospects for a year or two down the road.

Honestly, that's what they should be doing, but I wish the FO would be more straightforward about what they are trying to achieve.

Trading Latos would be a mistake.  We have no K pitchers, all of our guys except for Jose pitch to contact.  Latos has been better of late and can come cheaper than he would have at the beginning of the year.  You have to open up the checkbook, but knowing Loria we won't and we will roll with prospects.  On top of simply needing to pay him, we gave up like 3 good prospects to get the guy.

Haren, Koehler, and Hand along with Prado, Dunn and possibly cishek are the ones that need to go.