imo :

real Keepers:  stanton, fernandez, yelich, capps and dee

sort of Keepers:  ozuna, hech and alvarez  

get Rid of asap:  haren (t-value) morse (junk)

upgrade catcher 1st base center relief pitching and hitting coach ... oh yeah and maybe get a real manager?

BTW: for those hopeful on Morse - He stunk up the minor leagues K-ing 16 times (in only 34 ab's) and now is crying about a sore back.

Catcher is fine. Realmuto is amazing with game calling and defense and will only get better with the bat. He is certainly not the problem. He'll be a top 15 offensive catcher in 2016, top 10 overall if counting defense. 

I like that when a player is injured, he's "crying."

People were saying the same thing about Latos. He hits the DL, comes back, and his velocity is back up. With how bad Morse was in AAA, yeah, his back was likely bothering him a lot. Back is kind of super important in a swing. Look at the difference of Yelich pre-June and Yelich now.

Catcher is fine. Realmuto is amazing with game calling and defense and will only get better with the bat. He is certainly not the problem. He'll be a top 15 offensive catcher in 2016, top 10 overall if counting defense. 

I think that might be a bit optimistic, as a top-15 catcher is in the low-700's. But it's definitely not out of the realm of possiblity since he's currently 19th in OPS. I'm just not sure where he could improve outside of maybe BABIP.

His defense might be a bit overrated as of now, though. He's average at best at blocking pitches (going by PB and WP), catching runners, but he has not ranked well going by pitch framing (-2.5 runs by BP, -2.7 runs by StatCorner). But he's still inexperience and he has the tools so that is something that wouldn't be surprising if he improved there, too.

I think that might be a bit optimistic, as a top-15 catcher is in the low-700's. But it's definitely not out of the realm of possiblity since he's currently 19th in OPS. I'm just not sure where he could improve outside of maybe BABIP.

His defense might be a bit overrated as of now, though. He's average at best at blocking pitches (going by PB and WP), catching runners, but he has not ranked well going by pitch framing (-2.5 runs by BP, -2.7 runs by StatCorner). But he's still inexperience and he has the tools so that is something that wouldn't be surprising if he improved there, too.

He's also working with a mess of a pitching staff mostly with guys he's unfamiliar with. I don't think pitch framing is a thing that can be looked at over small sample sizes. Speaking of small sample sizes and a mostly worthless observation: our pitchers did much better with Realmuto catching than they did with Salty and much much better than they did with Solano. As far as offense, he got off to a slow start but has turned it on of late. He won't be as good as he's been lately nor as bad as he was before. Somewhere in between will normalize to a top 15 guy with a mid 700s OPS mostly built through OBP. His steals and overall base running speed give him a bit of offensive value too, outside of OPS.

With some speculation out there that the Tigers ( I know ) have been scouting Marlins pitchers, does anyone have any idea what we might be able to get in return.  Initially I didn't see a good match, but after looking it over more carefully, maybe we can get Castellanos and a prospect for one of Koehler/Cosart/Haren/Latos and Prado?  We could even expand it even more to include Hand or even Cishek (since they need relief help as well) depending on the return.  Any thoughts?  

I realize that Castellanos isn't tearing it up, but he is only 23 and a former top prospect.  We don't have any real prospects (Maybe Brian Anderson) at that position and he can still improve where as Prado will most likely regress.  

Haren and Latos will be gone and we'd be stupid not to trade them.  if anyone would take Morse then he should go too, if anything to clear that money off the books as Bour is a comparable substitution for him. 

With the money saved we might be able to lock in the Solano's for life. 

I'm really worried that the Fish will give up something of value in order to get another god damn contract taken off their hands. Something like Ramos + Morse for some shitbird Single-A player who will never sniff a 40-man roster just so the other team takes on all of Morse's contract.

Ugh.

I'm really worried that the Fish will give up something of value in order to get another god damn contract taken off their hands. Something like Ramos + Morse for some shitbird Single-A player who will never sniff a 40-man roster just so the other team takes on all of Morse's contract.

Ugh.

... it'd probably be more like Cishek + Morse.

Cause they could get TWO contracts off their hands.

No, Capps right now would be worth a pretty good prospect, I'd imagine.

Yea but he meant that it'd be very Marlins to be like...

"Nah forget that A+ prospect, he'll probably turn out to be expensive later. Gimme any Colombian player you got. Preferably one who's a grinder!"

"Colombian? Why does he have to be Colombian?"

"Because Solano. Duh."

Nobody's going to take Cishek. I know on MLBTradeRumors they mentioned that Cishek will probably get non-tendered after the season. They should have sold high on him, but didn't, and now they will get nothing out of it.

I disagree. He is pitching better and a good flyer for a contending team. Now the Marlins may not get much and have to eat some salary, but he will be moved.

Ugh.

If they trade Ramos, the only thing that makes sense is getting a good young 3B who can play June 2016 absolute latest. I would hope he isn't used in a salary dump.

Obviously the one year guys like Haren and Latos should be and will be dealt for the maximum return.

The only people under club control past this year they should trade are Cishek and Morse. Other than that keep all the talent you can on the roster stocked up for next year and beyond. No point in trading Kohler, Hand or anyone else that gives us more value than their possible return. Even Prado is super valuable considering his versatility and the fact that we have him at a discount thanks to the Yanks.

Prado and Koehler are going to make around $14 million next year. Add Dunn, $17.5. 

Save $2.5 with Ozuna by keeping him down until he is not super 2 eligible, and trade Ramos (who would make around $3 in arbitration) for a young 3B and let Dietrich play ROS, and the team has saved $23 million. 

Ditch Haren, Cishek, Latos, and Baker trade deadline, save another $7 millionish.

You now have 1/3rd of Greinke's next contract, and the Marlins will have their whole team squared away next year besides their bench (assuming they get a 3B trading all of the above). Even more money if they can somehow move Morse.

Clear them out, get young guys, and immediately use the payroll on SP.

roll out Realmuto Bour Gordon Hech "young 3B" yelich Ozuna Stanton morse Rojas Dietrich 

fernandez ACE Alvarez nicolino phelps/cosart

capps Dyson phelps/cosart Urena hand Conley and Morris 

All those guys traded above mean nothing to 2016. Clear them out, get an ace.

I'm hopeful we sign two ~15m SP instead of one ~30m SP, as I'm only optimistic in Alvarez to perform better than a #4 but I'm not optimistic in his health. I'd rather have #1-#2-#3-#3-#4 (which would then be 1/2/3/4/5 with an Alvarez injury) than a #1-#1-#3-#4-#5 which would just be a 1/1/4/5/5 with Alvarez going down.