Bourn, Swisher to Braves

bmg42

The Braves just sent Chris Johnson, the last Johnson standing*, to Cleveland for Nick Swisher, 34, and Michael Bourn, 32. The Indians will send $10 million to Atlanta to cover some of the salary. The two OF are set to make 15 million and 14 million next year respectively. A very odd deal for a team that's 49-60 and presumably has Maybin and Markakis penciled in to their OF next year and Freddie Freeman holding down 1B...

* Jim went to LA and Kelly went to NY in separate deals at the deadline...

Whoever is running the braves knows what they are doing.  I thought the trades at the beginning of the year were very smart and they have added a whole shit load of prospects since the beginning of the year in hopes of contending in a few years.  Whether it works out or not I love that their front office actually has a plan that doesnt change every other week.  

Whoever is running the braves knows what they are doing.  I thought the trades at the beginning of the year were very smart and they have added a whole shit load of prospects since the beginning of the year in hopes of contending in a few years.  Whether it works out or not I love that their front office actually has a plan that doesnt change every other week.  

That would be John Hart.