hey guys...

pollythewog

If anything, I think this shows that there is truth to the idea that this team isn't *that* far away from a contending run. There's no need to blow this up (at the major league level at least) and a couple of really good addition could go a long way the next couple of seasons.

Also, while since the deadline we've been fine I'm most impressed with the 12-4 in our last 16 games. Small sample size yes but that's damn good especially with some of the teams we've faced.

Always thought this team had the personnel to perform far better than it was, even with Stanton being out. Frustrating that a large part of the season was spent substantially underperforming. Don't know whether I trust this stretch. Bour has won me over. Prado and Yelich are finally performing as they should. Love JT's progress, Hech has been good, Dee real good. Team will succeed next year if either Koehler or Cosart serve as starter #5, we acquire a starter #2/3 and 4 off season and Jose and Alvarez come back healthy and ready to go. Conley's performance against the Muts was an eye opener, need to see more. Nicolino, Urena and Flores, meh. Don't want to rely on any of them next year. No more Ichiro either. Like the bullpen big arms, can do without Morris next year. I'd keep Dunn.  Nice stretch of baseball but 64-83 remains nauseating, and too late to do much better than 74-88 (which would be a winning record w/o  Stanton, 30-45 when he left). 

despite the miserable start to the season, individually almost every offensive piece of the puzzle came together.

Realmuto, Hechevarria showed they can stick around, once Yelich got healthy he went right on being Yelich, they found really useful pieces in Justin Bour and finally gave Dietrich the opportunity to show he can contribute.  Ozuna seems okay.  Even Prado really found his swing in the last few months.  Just keep Stanton healthy and the offense should be set.  Even the bullpen seems like it might be ok going forward.

Go get Samarjzdhyjia.