Everything posted by CYmarlins
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
I expected this to happen. Why did this do FanFest about 2 weeks early? It is almost always the second Saturday of February. The Friday thing pretty much eliminated me going since I get off work around 5 pm and live in Palm Beach County. Hopefully, they can have the event back on Saturday next year.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
I expected this to happen. Why did this do FanFest about 2 weeks early? It is almost always the second Saturday of February. The Friday thing pretty much eliminated me going since I get off work around 5 pm and live in Palm Beach County. Hopefully, they can have the event back on Saturday next year.
-
8/12 Post Game Thread
HOLY goodness Angel Hernandez WTFFFFF
-
David Robertson to the Marlins
Has Chargois been overused? His last couple of outings have been shaky and it's usually been 7/8th appearences. It's obvious right now that Puk has been going thru it. Even yesterday just felt like the Tigers would still find a way to at least tie it. Regardless of what some may think, I am still not sold on Okert. I am interested to see what Jorge Lopez does.
-
Trade deadline thread
is it bad that I legit forgot about Jazz? holy crap lmao. Even then we still need another option. Btw DLC has been great to watch outside of those GIDP he does a little too often sometimes but so does the rest of the team. Feels like the catcher position won't be addressed until the offseason so getting another SP, 3B would go a long way.
-
Trade deadline thread
Dane Meyers has come back to earth after a good start. CF has to continue to be an area of need along with 3B/SS.
-
Jorge Soler player option
I am still hoping even if he does finish out strong that he opts out. Would be better to allocate that money towards another hitter.
-
Trade deadline thread
Would Cabrera alone provide enough value? Granted his control has been an issue at times but he has good value more than Rogers at least. That would be enough to pick up an infielder.
-
Trade deadline thread
Honestly, this makes too much sense. Acquire De Jong and he plays SS while Wendle can slot over to 3B and Segura can still play against LHP. Marlins need CF, 3B, RP, another SP, and a catcher. Starting pitcher to absorb innings as Eury is gonna be limited until probably September if things continue.
-
Pablo, Salas + to Twins for Arraez
LMAO! I see what you did there.
-
Pablo, Salas + to Twins for Arraez
Kim still hasn't said that is it. They gotta address the bullpen and 1B as well. They might be done with the big trade since FA is still not done IMO.
-
Pablo, Salas + to Twins for Arraez
Is Arraez salary arbitrational yet? If not, we have $5 million to now use on a FA.
-
2022-2023 Offseason Thread
Reyes would be a very intriguing signing but he can't contribute until months into the season. Filling out the bullpen with some FA signings would be good. That is still an area of weakness that the Marlins have not addressed. I am alright with Yuli signing on an incentive laden deal especially since Cooper is guaranteed to get hurt somehow. He will tweak his ass cheek 1 week before the season starts.
-
Jazz to play CF
Our defense is going to be atrocious. It's not even fair to use the "Oh but they gonna hit" excuse either. I am OK with Jazz in CF if he is on board. My first thought was Dee Gordon when he tried out CF with the Mariners and that didn't pan out at all. What I don't like is the infield. Soler needs to stay pretty much full time DH having him in LF is a straight handicap.
-
2022-2023 Offseason Thread
As soon as I posted I realized that. Just changed it now. lmao
-
2022-2023 Offseason Thread
Fish Stripes is a homers podcast. It's like if a group of the members here did a podcast and fluffed the numbers. Any sources they share or biased and should be taken with a grain of salt. Interest in Chapman is good, I honestly would rather him closing out games right now then Floro. 10K per 9IP is still elite even if it was a down year. I am more interested to see the trade market and if Marlins can get a legit OF with a trade of Pablo Lopez or Cabrera.
-
Cooper's Wrist Injured; Anderson's Shoulder Injured
Damn, what are the chances? Best thing to do is open it up for trades now.
-
Dodgers want to hang with Mr. Cooper
Legit forgot about this guy. Victor Mesa Jr. seems who we signed at much less seems to be the one that will end up making it.
-
2020/21 off-season
Just looked through the 40 man roster. That is a really good question on who it might be. Almost makes me wonder if it would be one of the Rule 5 guys they got. If not them I would guess Harold Ramirez or Jeff Brigham?
-
Sixto Sanchez Not a Lock for the 2021 Rotation
I still think we should pursue a veteran LHP for the rotation allowing Rogers, Garrett and other upcoming prospects the time needed in the minors.
-
2020 Post-Season Thread
100% the one thing I can really commend this new regime and their mindset has been having a plan and sticking to it. Marte and Kintzler seem like absolute locks to have their options picked up Veteran pitcher would be very nice to have in the rotation to be that 3/4 guy that was mentioned previously. Many of the rookies that made their debuts this season will find themselves back in the minors to start the season, the exception might be Jazz but that is why you have someone like Berti. Re-sign Mike Hill to an extension and I look forward to the winter meetings.
-
2020 Post-Season Thread
So what is this? Everything started with you saying Marlins should approach Yankees about Urshula because of Andjuar when it's been noted already that Yankees aren't high on Andjuar at 3B because of his defense. In fact it was his injury that opened the door for Urshela to get playing time and succeed. Andujar's value is with the glove and right now he needs to get his value back up because he had been hurt. YOU got upset because I said what you are offering wouldn't suffice what the Yankees are looking for. It just wouldn't. And that's cool because when someone gets upset they don't wanna see the reasoning. But either way I am done arguing with you or even discussing anything with you. I am here to talk baseball. Not go back and forth with you. Shame I even went down this route with you.
-
2020 Post-Season Thread
Not a war zone. I just stated Andujar wasn't a good option and he got upset about that..
-
2020 Post-Season Thread
Quote me where I didn't.
-
2020 Post-Season Thread
THIS is what I been saying. But I am speaking nonsense I guess lol