Everything posted by mystikol87
-
Marlins 2026 Trade Deadline Talk
lol at a ground ball base hit off of a position player in a blowout being a highlight and evidence of a strong impression. That said, I like Norby and wish him the best.
-
I think Stowers will be traded in the offseason
Harriet Beecher Stowers FawltyS Towers
-
8/11- Swashbucklers vs Marlins
Right now, he’d be a free agent at 27 years old (2030). If he stays healthy and keeps pitching like this, he’ll command a MONSTER contract. So, I could see them buying out his arbitration years. But I’d think take a big offer to buy out any FA years.
-
Sandy appreciation thread
This made me think of the silver surfer. To me, my board!
-
Marlins 2026 Trade Deadline Talk
Jakob Marsee is our everyday CF. I’m not buying that we have a boatload of guys who could replace Stowers. At best, that remains to be seen.
-
7/18 vs Brewers
Thank you. Just glad it’s not an injury.
-
7/18 vs Brewers
Why did Max come out?
-
Marlins @ Brewers 7/17 7:40
Marsee is still really bad. Swap him in AAA for one of Lewis, Cam, or Kemp and hope you can get something out of CF.
-
Marlins @ Brewers 7/17 7:40
I hated it at the time because Leo is a bad hitter, and that spot might come up again, since it was a tied game and only the 7th. Ugh
-
7/12 vs Guardians
Against LHP, bad righties are still worse than good lefties.
-
7/12 vs Guardians
I wonder if it’s so he can pitch in the All-Star Game. Did anyone report on the reason?
-
July 11th Cleveland @ Miami 4:10 PM
Did Stowers get thrown out at third before Lopez crossed the plate? I saw the play in game cast and figured that was it.
-
Marlins 2026 Trade Deadline Talk
They actually understand the team and its needs!
-
Time to send Marsee to Jacksonville
Been thinking this for a bit now. The GIDP against the position player who was pitching put the exclamation point on it.
-
Double base in the first base
I would think the extra bag is only allowed for a batter running to first on what isn’t otherwise a dead ball, eg a ball in play or a third strike not caught by the catcher
-
Marlins Moves (Injuries, Promotions, DFAs, etc) Thread - 2026
Gracilis? De nada!
-
5/29 at Mutts
Eury out two months, caramba!
-
Marlins recently sold a roughly 15% stake in the franchise to pay down debt
Thanks, rmc. Heavy losses how, I wonder? Would love to know the breakdown and how it compares to other franchises. Curious especially how much in dividends/salary Sherman pays himself.
-
MLB, MLBPA Begin 2027 CBA Negotiations - UPDATE 8/28/26
That sounds like a really dumb proposal. Maybe a significant penalty for underspending could save it, but is hard to imagine the league imposing a $50M+ penalty.
-
May 27 Marlins @ Jays 1:07 PM
Add Hernandez. Not a single plus tool amongst them. 3 guys who are functionally dead weight.
-
May 27 Marlins @ Jays 1:07 PM
They are so infuriating to watch sometimes. How many times have they run themselves out of innings. Ugh.
-
May 27 Marlins @ Jays 1:07 PM
I have a great idea — let’s keep putting Turdi in in high-leverage situations. He’s pathetic.
-
May 27 Marlins @ Jays 1:07 PM
Hernandez is so bad at baseball
- 5/24 vs Mets
-
5/23 Mets at Marlins
He just finished a stretch where he retired 27 straight batters, the length of a perfect game, so I’d say that’s pretty solid!