What's new

1/3 of the year in the books

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
So we have officially played 1/3 of the season (54 games)

Record: 26-28 Projected: 78-84

Here are some projected stats:

Miguel Cabrera: 32 homers, 111 rbi
Hanley Ramierez: 22 homers, 41 rbi, 47 sb
Josh Willingham: 22 homers, 115 rbi
Dan Uggla: 34 homers, 101 rbi
Miguel Olivo: 10 homers, 77 rbi

I think we'll improve the rest of the way. Jacobs has only played in 28 games, Hermida in 16 and our pitching staff has had a bunch of injuries. So with all the injuries we have done pretty well (alot better than last season at this point).

Discuss

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
This team has a pretty good record considering all the injuries. They can really go on a tear if we get some key players like JJ, Anibal, and Ross healthy.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am content with our performance thus far given our injuries. If we can get our guys back and stay relatively healthy once they're back I think we have an 85-88 win team.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
all things considered we havent done that bad , we really havent gone on a hot streak and as already mentioned we havent been healthy all year , plus we just added benitez , i would not be suprised if we made a serious wild card run

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am content with our performance thus far given our injuries. If we can get our guys back and stay relatively healthy once they're back I think we have an 85-88 win team.

ya I agree. I mean last year we can back from 20 games, to get to .500. If we can get healthy there is no reason to believe we cant get to 85 games (atleast).

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
We would've had a better record had we stayed away from Jorge Julio and not
gotten bit in the ass by the injury bug. I believe we'll win the wild-card if we
get healthy.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
With the crew coming back in the next few weeks (JJ, Jacobs, Owens just getting back) and then the second wave in late July/August (Anibal, Nolasco, maybe Kensing/Martinez) I feel pretty good about this team's record. Get a real CF and I feel great. Better than the first third last year. That's for sure

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
The team's done very well with all its injuries......this just proves how good we can be when we're healthy. 2007 WS Champs!

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
The team's done very well with all its injuries......this just proves how good we can be when we're healthy. 2007 WS Champs!

97-03-07 has a nice ring to it (no pun intended)

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
97-03-07 has a nice ring to it (no pun intended)
:whistle I am guilty of thinking that too...

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
And I might get to work with the fish next year. maaaaaan....that'd mean I could type to you guys with a world series ring on my finger (which should already be happening...stupid baker kid)....I won't get my hopes up though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't believe we're already through a third of the games..wow. tempus fugit (anyone know what that means?).

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a little dramatic, but I think Sunday may be the most important day of the season thus far.

JJ's due to pitch in Jupiter.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a little dramatic, but I think Sunday may be the most important day of the season thus far.

really? JJ in jupiter sunday? ....I might have to go see 'em.

poptart

Muckdog
Reaction score

really? JJ in jupiter sunday? ....I might have to go see 'em.
yeah, i think i'm going to go to that. roger dean's always nice. and seeing JJ pitch would be a breath of fresh air.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miguel Olivo needs to go.

Add Matt Treanor to the list.

Matt Treanor is fine - as a back up.

Olivo would also probably be fine as a back up.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miguel Olivo needs to go.

Add Matt Treanor to the list.

Matt Treanor is fine - as a back up.

Olivo would also probably be fine as a back up.

Olivo maybe, but Treanor can't hit the ball if it were sitting on a tee.

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's not his purpose though. It would be one thing if we were holding on to him for his hitting skills. We're holding onto him because of his deffensive skills, and he comes through.

Top Bottom