2 Illinois Basketball Players Hurt in Crash

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Illini players hurt in crash

The Associated Press

February 13, 2007, 9:24 AM CST

A car crash has left two University of Illinois basketball players injured, one critically.

Authorities say freshman center Brian Carlwell of Maywood is in critical condition today at Carle Foundation Hospital.

His teammate, sophomore guard Jamar Smith of Peoria, was treated and released after the crash last night.

Illinois sports information director Kent Brown says both 19-year-olds suffered concussions.

University police Sgt. Vanessa Horsman says the players were injured when the car Smith was driving crossed the center line and struck a tree. Horsman says the accident is under investigation.

Smith is a part-time starter who's averaging eight points this season, while Carlwell, who went to Proviso East High School, is a reserve who averages less than two points per game.

This has been the season from hell. Hopefully Brian is ok.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I heard Bryan was in stable condition now

Junior

Muckdog
Reaction score
Pictures:

I heard Bryan was in stable condition now
You cold be correct. I just woke up so I still haven't figured everything out yet.

Yep, Ramp's right. Carlwell is in stable condition now.

"Illini coach Bruce Weber, who went to the hospital to be with the players along with trainer Al Martindale, said that when he left Carle at 5:30 Tuesday morning, doctors felt Carlwell, 19, was progressing but wanted to continue watching him closely."

This is good news.

Top Bottom