What's new

2007 NBA Free Agents

MrAndMrsFish

Mr. Minor League
Reaction score
not much since they are only 4M under the projected luxuary tax threshold...even though they have a 5.2M exemtion

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's a few suggestions:

-Let Payton and Eddie Jones walk
-Re-sign either Posey or Kapono (one of them has got to go if you want to address other needs)
-Just get rid of Dorrell Wright already. Seriously. If you haven't used him in the first 3 years you won't use him in his 4th. Get something for him while you can.
-PG help. Established PG, but not an OLD point guard. No Gary Payton's or Sam Cassell's please.
-Wishful thinking: Send Antoine packing. That would be SSSUPER!

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Payton's retiring so we'll need back-court help. The one free agent that makes sense for the Heat is Chauncey Billups, but we don't have the cap room to sign him outright, and there's no way in hell he gets signed and traded here.

If Zo retires, I'd be interested in Michael Olowakandi. Yeah, he's not great, but he'd probably come here for the mid-level exception, and with him and Shaq, the two could prove to be formidable...I'm high on McDyess too.

I think Posey's going to be let go, I'd make a serious effort to re-sign Kapono and I'd bring back Jones only under the Alonzo Mourning plan from the past 2 seasons.

If I'm Riles, I'm kicking myself right now over insisting on keeping Haslem to not get AI, and I think he uses Udonis and Wright to get an impact 3 or 4.

Of course, my dream is that we can get Artest for 50 cents on the dollar.

Reaction score
I rather have Doleac be my back up center than Olowakandi.

Somehow get Artest in a Heat uniform, possibly use D Wright.

Keep Kapono his 3 point ability is crucially needed.

Let Eddie Jones, Gary Payton and James Posey walk.

What are the ramifications of just dropping Toine?

Riley needs to find another PG to compliment J Will.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
The Heat are going to have the mid level exemption to sign anyone first and foremost and thats it. Unless they have the other exemption, which I believe still exists and is I think around 1.5 mil.

The Heat will have to convince the Kings to take Walker in any Artest trade. I really doubt Jason Williams will find his way back to Sacto, as they wouldnt need him anyway.

Just dropping Walker would mean his salary spot is even emptier than when he plays.

To picking up Olowakandi, do you people even watch NBA games outside the Heat? the Kandi man is probably one of the worst centers to play in the last 10 years.

Reaction score
To picking up Olowakandi, do you people even watch NBA games outside the Heat? the Kandi man is probably one of the worst centers to play in the last 10 years.
Please keep me out of 'YOU PEOPLE'.

Id argue that Toine's salary being empty is better than Toine playing. :shifty

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Please keep me out of 'YOU PEOPLE'.

Id argue that Toine's salary being empty is better than Toine playing. :shifty

were you advocating picking him up?

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Heat are going to have the mid level exemption to sign anyone first and foremost and thats it. Unless they have the other exemption, which I believe still exists and is I think around 1.5 mil.

The Heat will have to convince the Kings to take Walker in any Artest trade. I really doubt Jason Williams will find his way back to Sacto, as they wouldnt need him anyway.

Just dropping Walker would mean his salary spot is even emptier than when he plays.

Yeah I do all mighty Das.

I wasn't advocating Olowokandi as a starter, but he's not going to eat up all of the mid level and even at his worst in Minnesota he still got around 6 boards a game, the Boston debacle doesn't count. When a team has zero cap room and a likely retiring Mourning, Olowokandi makes sense.

Then again, I forgot you're an NBA GM so I'll just bite my tongue.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
You guys should go for Stack

Yeah, that's what Miami needs. To get older. No thanks. And no thanks to the Artest rumors either.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score

Yeah, that's what Miami needs. To get older. No thanks. And no thanks to the Artest rumors either.

That milk container in your avatar looks pretty athletic.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score

Guarantee you he can sing better than Wade or Shaq

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

No argument there.

He tried the ABA for awhile, but was cut by the Vermont Frost Heaves. :(

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score

No argument there.

He tried the ABA for awhile, but was cut by the Vermont Frost Heaves. :(

those vermont frost heaves have a badass team.

Top Bottom