What's new

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Trade Deadline is August 1st, just over a week away.

chuck carr

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll take one SP. If Dunn falters we have a couple lefty arms in the minors that could suffice. I can live with DD, Chris Johnson, Rojas, Ichiro, and Mathis on the bench. Of course I want more, but would be fine with one good SP.

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

marlins_09

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll stick with 2 SP as a need. Everything else is gravy. Unless we can't get starters, then we load up on bullpen help.

Completely hypothetical, but would you prefer 

Cashner + Bucholz 

or 

Cashner + Cingrani 

G

We should get 2 SP, a lefty reliever and a bench guy. ALL of it. What are we sending back? Blackmail I assume.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
We should get 2 SP, a lefty reliever and a bench guy. ALL of it. What are we sending back? Blackmail I assume.
If we get all these my god we'll be good. It's probably wishful thinking to get 100% of what we want though.

G

If we can only get 1 thing, get a SP. If we can only get 2 things, get 2 SP (if possible).

G

So glad we got Rodney when we did with the Nats, Mets and others looking for relievers now. 

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
i'll pass on Cashner or Hill - don't really see much improvement there for us (I think Hill is way too big of an injury risk).  That said, I don't really see us really being able to do much at the deadline without crippling a farm system already bereft of talent.  I'm in favor of going in as is unless a sweetheart of a deal falls into our lap like the Rodney deal did.

marlins_09

Muckdog
Reaction score
i'll pass on Cashner or Hill - don't really see much improvement there for us (I think Hill is way too big of an injury risk).  That said, I don't really see us really being able to do much at the deadline without crippling a farm system already bereft of talent.  I'm in favor of going in as is unless a sweetheart of a deal falls into our lap like the Rodney deal did.
One thing Hill would add, is the ability to move him to the Pen come playoff time 

Latest posts

Top Bottom