Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Alonso it is.

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
Edited in all the other awards, who you got in those?
Alright so Alonso for NLROTY already established, and that will be unanimous. Probably ends up top five in MVP voting, too, once that's revealed.

ALROTY - Yordan, easily, also unanimous (and also noticed he's not linked? Oversight? Shildt, too.) Lowe had a chance before slump + injury.

ALMoY - All three have great cases - I'll eliminate Cash (just like the Rays did at Tropicana, see what I did there), and while Baldelli was a great story turning the Twins around so quickly ... What the Yankees did despite all the injuries is going to get Boone the award.

NLMoY - I'd say Shildt. Lots of slumping and underperforming players and the Cardinals still made the playoffs.

NLCY - Scherzer. Not debating that one. Won't be unanimous, deGrom will get some votes, and Ryu for some reason will get two first place votes, but that's about it.

ALCY - going to go with a bold prediction here and say Verlander and Cole TIE for the award. If not, it'll be a difference of less than five votes, with one voter giving Morton a little extra love (giving him the second place vote instead of third).

NLMVP - this is a tough one, too. I think Rendon. Consistent all year. Great bat and glove, helped lead the Nats from the pit of despair to the playoffs. Bellinger has that, too, but he did fall off a bit. And, it's not his fault on this one (although he did technically injure himself ...), when Yelich went down, the Brewers played just fine without him.

ALMVP - Heart wants Trout to win it, but my mind says Bregman with another second place finish for Trout. Which would be his 7th top 2 finish and his fifth time in that category where he didn't win. Semien had an amazing season and is unfortunately an also-ran for this category. Matt Chapman wouldn't surprise me if he ended up fourth or fifth.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
I'm going with these winners:

Alonso
Alvarez
Boone
Shildt
Scherzer
Cole
Yelich
Trout