What's new

2020 Bold Predictions

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I know it may be a little early for this, but let's have some fun!

Do you have any bold predictions for the 2020 season, or maybe beyond?

I've got one, and it takes place after the season.

Giancarlo Stanton opts out of his contract with the Yankees and returns to Miami.

EricOwens!

Muckdog
Reaction score
Brinson will put up at least a .240/.310/.450 line in at least 350 PAs.

Dickerson will be our best offensive player.

Diaz and Harrison will bust making the Yelich trade officially the worst trade in franchise history.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Isan Diaz is our 2020 All-Star

Cervelli posts better numbers offensively than Alfaro overall in 2020

The Marlins win 75 games

Giancarlo Stanton opts out of his contract with the Yankees and returns to Miami.
This certainly is a bold one! No chance he'd make as much as a free agent so he'd have to REALLY hate playing there to do it.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Yelich will hit fewer homers than the trio of Brinson, Monte, and Isan combined.

Marlins will be an above .500 team after the All-Star break.

Jazz will debut right after the All-Star break in Arizona and will record his first hit off of Zac Gallen (Praise be).

Neither Villar or Dickerson will be traded this year.

Marlins will break the team home run record of 208 (2008).

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
1% chance he opts out and that would require him having a literal historic MVP season to get a contract better than he will have.

0% chance he returns to Miami in a Marlin uniform.

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
1% chance he opts out and that would require him having a literal historic MVP season to get a contract better than he will have.

0% chance he returns to Miami in a Marlin uniform.
I think there is a greater than 0% chance he comes back after his contract ends. Sure he'd be 38 and hasn't exactly been healthy through his 20's, but there a shot he gets a 1 year deal or a 1 day type of a contract. Is it likely? Hell no. But certainly greater than 0%

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I think there is a greater than 0% chance he comes back after his contract ends. Sure he'd be 38 and hasn't exactly been healthy through his 20's, but there a shot he gets a 1 year deal or a 1 day type of a contract. Is it likely? Hell no. But certainly greater than 0%
We are talking free agent Stanton in 2021....

MarlinsFan19

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bold Predictions

On-Field: Marlins will win 74-83 games. Wichita Wind Surge will make a run in the AAA playoffs.

Off-Field: Marlins will sign an exclusive local TV deal with a streaming service (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, etc.) based on what I’m hearing negotiations aren’t going great With Fox Sports Florida.

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
Yelich will hit fewer homers than the trio of Brinson, Monte, and Isan combined.

Marlins will be an above .500 team after the All-Star break.

Jazz will debut right after the All-Star break in Arizona and will record his first hit off of Zac Gallen (Praise be).

Neither Villar or Dickerson will be traded this year.

Marlins will break the team home run record of 208 (2008).
The boldest prediction in this thread is that Zac Gallen will actually give up a hit this season.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Bold Predictions

On-Field: Marlins will win 74-83 games. Wichita Wind Surge will make a run in the AAA playoffs.

Off-Field: Marlins will sign an exclusive local TV deal with a streaming service (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, etc.) based on what I’m hearing negotiations aren’t going great With Fox Sports Florida.
I can see the Marlins signing with a streaming service..

and oh gee negotiations aren’t going well... I can’t fucking imagine why!!!

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Bold Predictions

Hm, where'd you hear that? I mean, I'm not surprised, but curious where you're hearing it.

Also, wouldn't that mean new announcers? Since Severino and Holly are supposedly hired by FSF and not the Marlins (that's the excuse they've always given anyway). Hire Rich and Tommy back on whatever thing they go with.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Hm, where'd you hear that? I mean, I'm not surprised, but curious where you're hearing it.

Also, wouldn't that mean new announcers? Since Severino and Holly are supposedly hired by FSF and not the Marlins (that's the excuse they've always given anyway). Hire Rich and Tommy back on whatever thing they go with.
"Welcome to Marlins Baseball, streamed exclusively on Twitch TV!"

Reaction score
Brian Anderson hits 30+ HR in 2020. That's my bold guess. I think he gets maybe 2+ extra HR from the fences, but then another 8+ HR from just continued development.

97marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Elieser Hernandez will be the ace of the marlins staff. Posting a higher strikeouts per nine total than any other pitcher in the marlins starting rotation. He doesn't throw a single pitch faster than 93 miles per hour.

Caleb Smith DOES NOT end the season on the marlins roster.

Top Bottom