What's new

2020 MLB Hall of Fame Announcement

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
True, but none wearing the hat. Walker will have a Rockies hat on.
Nobody goes into the HOF wearing a hat. That would look ridiculous with their suit. They do put a hat on their HOF plaque though.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone really still thinks this about Jeter. it's so stupid and totally contradicts the guy's entire professional career. If he wanted to make a buck he would have started some other side business or something, not purposely run an MLB team into the ground for profit.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone really still thinks this about Jeter. it's so stupid and totally contradicts the guy's entire professional career. If he wanted to make a buck he would have started some other side business or something, not purposely run an MLB team into the ground for profit.
I joke about the CheapJeter stuff, I completely believe he wants to win. I do think he has made mistakes, but who hasn't

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Ken Rosenthal asked a great question, everyone is appalled one voter didn't vote for Jeter but Jeter was a lock to make the Hall so what if the one voter strategically decided that he really believed there were 11 names who deserved a vote and removed Jeter so that he could vote for all 10 who truly needed the votes more than Jeter did?

Wouldn't that be an acceptable reason to not vote for Jeter?

Maybe it depends how much you value being elected unanimously which is kinda a superficial honor anyways. It's not like this one voter prevented Jeter from getting elected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom