What's new

4/11 Marlins @ Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince0926

Alright, my first starting gig of the new year. Let's get it going back on track.

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Matz is good, but we don't have to face Harvey or deGrom in this series. Might be our best chance to take a series from the Mets all year. Matz today, Thor tomorrow, Verrett on Wednesday.

Matz is good, but we don't have to face Harvey or deGrom in this series. Might be our best chance to take a series from the Mets all year. Matz today, Thor tomorrow, Verrett on Wednesday.
Quit it, no optimism allowed here

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Syndergaard in game 2? We're going to get no-hit.

Seriously, I got to watch Syndergaard pitch in Spring Training, and the one thought that kept going through my mind is, "how does anyone get comfortable against him?" 100 mph fastball, 94 mph slider, 91 mph change, and a curve that drops into the low 80s, and he's got rather good control from what I've seen. Complete honesty? He might be my favorite non-Marlins pitcher right now.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Syndergaard in game 2? We're going to get no-hit.

Seriously, I got to watch Syndergaard pitch in Spring Training, and the one thought that kept going through my mind is, "how does anyone get comfortable against him?" 100 mph fastball, 94 mph slider, 91 mph change, and a curve that drops into the low 80s, and he's got rather good control from what I've seen. Complete honesty? He might be my favorite non-Marlins pitcher right now.
A 94 mph slider is completely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Thor's worst pitch would be the best pitch any of our bullpen guys has ever thrown (except for Ramos' change)

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
A 94 mph slider is completely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Thor's worst pitch would be the best pitch any of our bullpen guys has ever thrown (except for Ramos' change)
You are not kidding. He actually hit 95 with the slider against the Royals against Kendrys Morales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom