What's new

4/14---Marlins @ Phillies---7:00 Gametime

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well Neal got out of it..

Marlins need to tie this up.. it's pathetic to see them lose again against the Phils..

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
our starting pitchers have got to last longer than 5 innings. our bullpen is smaller than most teams already because we're carrying 3 catchers instead of an extra pitcher. but this is killing them. tejera and nunez are the only guys who can pitch more than 1 inning.

hollandsworth just looks awful. he's getting pitches right down the middle and he can't do anything with them. he needs a big double or something to get going.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
sonofa *(^%$#&%(*.....!

Alex smacks one to the wall, then trips over an invisible bannana peel going for third base......it's that kind of night.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
wow... major bummer

seems like everytime we play the Phillies they get lucky... I'm starting to hate the Phils more than the Yanks..

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
couple of solid innings out of the pen by Neal and Almanza.
C'mon boys, 2 innings left to get a run. Someone step up.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
great inning by AA.. now the Marlins "attempt".. yes I mean "ATTEMPT" to score some runs....

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score
Brian Banks singles
Gerald Williams(pinch runner)
Pierre comes to bat
Pierre sac bunt , Gerald to 2nd
Gerld to 3rd on a passed ball
Castillo walked
Pudge comes to bat

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.. Terry Adams coming out of the bullpen to pitch to Pudge.. if Pudge GIDP.. :angry :angry :angry ..

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castillo walks,

first and third with only one out & the heart of the order up for the Marlins.

pitching change for Philly. it'll be Terry Adams, the one-time Marlin. (i think)

Pudge trying to get out of a 1-15 slump. C'mon Pudge!

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
DT you had to jinx it didn't you....

why swing at the first pitch like that? ARGH! that was easily our best chance and he just totally blew it.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
don't blame me...

PATHETIC

Torborg has to get his brain out of his @$$ and realize that Pudge needs a day off...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
you cant win them all..

we had our chance.... Pudge is in a slump...

what can you do?

orisha

Muckdog
Reaction score
was it just me or pudge really didn't try hard on that grounder.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Looper gives up 2 straight hits. Let's see how he does in big spots like this. He's pitched okay so far, but not in many big spots. One save, & even that game wasn't very close. Here he's got to keep it at one run.

By the way, new pitchers have come into the game twice now for the Phillies, thrown ONE pitch & gotten double-plays. If you're a batter, & there's men on base (obviously a big spot) don't you want to see a pitch or two from a brand new pitcher before you go swinging away??? Lowell and Pudge both have done it tonight. I don't get it.

2nd & 3rd now with one out. Let's see if the Phillies can take advantage where the Marlins could not.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
you cant win them all..

we had our chance.... Pudge is in a slump...

what can you do?
I know you can't win them all.. but you can't use Pudge this much in the beginning of the season.. someone else needs some ABs... and it's the perfect to rest Pudge, he's in a slump.. rest him so he can bounce back..

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
As I was saying....

Looper still has to prove he can shut teams down in PRESSURE situations.

He couldn't do it tonight. If the game ends this way, my goats of the night are AJ and Pudge. With a semi-goat for Looper.

DT I'm not surprised Pudge is playing this much. The guy's getting 10 million, I want every at-bat possible we can get out of the guy (within reason of course). I would rather see Castro more than Redmond however, but that doesn't seem likely.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
5-2

Extremely Pathetic.. embrassing to watch.. So many chances and only result is failure.. what bull...

CHRISTYTOD

In my opinion, Looper is NOT a reliable closer - can you imagine being in a big playoff game, depending on HIM to shut things down?

No thanks - it gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
In my opinion, Looper is NOT a reliable closer - can you imagine being in a big playoff game, depending on HIM to shut things down?

No thanks - it gives me the creeps just thinking about it.
Remember who's are manager and you find the answer to all the questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom