What's new

4/24---Brewers vs Marlins---7:05 Gametime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Das don't be a bad winner.

Ed Kaplan is a huge baseball fan and he is very happy that the Marlins are doing well, and more importantly, he is ecstatic that the town seems psyched about baseball again.

It's not like he was alone in thinking Mark Redman wasn't going to be this huge pickup for the Marlins....

I thought the guy was a good pickup along with you. Easily better than a #4 or 5 starter on some teams. Heck he was probably Detroit's best pitcher last year. But no way was I expecting what we've seen so far.

Minus, I agree with you about Hank but his attitude is really more directed at the ownership/management than the team itself. I can't stand listening him talk about baseball either though, his ignorance about baseball is staggering.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
As far as tonight's game....

This kind of series was essential for a team that wants to contend.

Yes, I know it's the Milwaukee Brewers. That's the point.

In the past couple of years, the Marlins have had a tendency to play up or down to their competition. The Marlins would go out and play a good series against the Braves or Dodgers, then drop 2 of 3 to the Padres. We play the Brewers NINE TIMES this season. Good, playoff-caliber teams take advantage of teams like Milwaukee and pound on them. I don't know if the Marlins are at that stage but this is something that they'll need to do if they want to be there at the end of the season.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, we got lucky with the 9 games against the Brewers. Since the 5-team NL East plays the 4-team AL West in interleague play, each NL East team gets an extra series against an NL Central team. The Marlins got the Brewers for their extra series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom