MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Where is the full list?

Seems like Stewart and Castano should be protected

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Glad that Mejia was protected. Wish there was room for Stewart and Castano. How many teams have room on their 40 man roster? Only they can participate in the rule 5.

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Glad that Mejia was protected. Wish there was room for Stewart and Castano. How many teams have room on their 40 man roster? Only they can participate in the rule 5.
Looks like they are still protecting Guerrero, Moran, Keller, Kinley, and Riddle. Not sure how Stewart and Castano don't fit into that.

Only thing I can think of is, they expect to sign 3-4 veterans for the MLB squad, DFA one or two of those guys above for upcoming Rule V/other acquisitions, so if you leave them off your 40 man, you aren't telegraphing to other teams you value them just to DFA them when you sign a Romo or Castellanos or N. Walker type.

This doesn't add up. More is coming.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Yeah this is fine for today's deadline but other cuts obviously will be made later on.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
Yeah this is fine for today's deadline but other cuts obviously will be made later on.
But even if they open more spots, Stewart and Castano can’t be protected anymore right? That’s what today’s deadline was if I understood correctly.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
But even if they open more spots, Stewart and Castano can’t be protected anymore right? That’s what today’s deadline was if I understood correctly.
Correct. Other prospects can't be added but I meant more that some of the guys on the 40man today can still be cut at a later date to make room for other roster additions.

Technically speaking Stewart and Castano could still be added too but they just can't be protected from the Rule 5 draft anymore.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Edward Cabrera
Humberto Mejía
Nick Neidert
Sixto Sánchez
Jazz Chisholm
Lewin Díaz

all added to 40-man
This post is false. These six players were actually added to the 34 man roster which thus makes it a 40 man roster. If these men were added to the 40 man roster that would make it a 46 man roster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom