What's new

5/8 Dodgers vs FISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
courtesy mlb.com:
From Aug. 19-22, 2005, the Marlins took three of four from the Dodgers in a series at Dolphin Stadium.
The Marlins haven't beaten Los Angeles at home since.

After claiming a 6-1 victory on Monday night, the Dodgers have now won four straight at Dolphin Stadium, dating back to Florida's 5-2 win on Aug. 22, 2005.

Former Marlin Brad Penny was overwhelming on Monday night, striking out 14 in seven innings.

Now 1-3 on the homestand, the Marlins send Wes Obermueller to the mound looking to snap a three-game slide.

Obermueller makes his third start, and he faces the Dodgers for the second time in his career. While with the Brewers in 2005, the right-hander suffered a loss to Los Angeles, giving up five runs in 2 2/3 innings.

The Dodgers are countering with Mark Hendrickson. The left-hander has faced the Marlins twice in Miami, posting a 1-0 record and 4.50 ERA in those games.

Pitching matchup
FLA: RHP Wes Obermueller (1-1, 3.07 ERA)
The veteran Obermueller is taking over the rotation spot vacated when Anibal Sanchez was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque because of his struggles with command. Making his third start and fourth appearance, Obermueller has pitched nicely in his few opportunities. His most recent outing was three scoreless innings, which included three strikeouts, in relief against the Mets at Shea Stadium.

LAD: LHP Mark Hendrickson (2-0, 1.30 ERA)
In his third start of the season on Wednesday vs. the D-backs, Hendrickson continued his dominance, throwing six scoreless innings while allowing just three hits and striking out seven. Hendrickson's ERA would be the best in baseball if he had enough innings to qualify. In four career starts against the Marlins, Hendrickson is 1-1 with 7.36 ERA.

Player to watch
Jeff Kent of the Dodgers connected on a home run and added a double, scoring twice on Monday.

On the Internet
MLB.TV
Gameday Audio
? Gameday
? Official game notes

On television
? FSN Florida

On radio
? 560 WQAM, 1140 AM WQBA (Espa?ol)

Up next
? Wednesday: Dodgers (RHP Brett Tomko, 0-3, 4.40) at Marlins (LHP Dontrelle Willis, 5-1, 5.44), 7:05 p.m. ET
? Thursday: Dodgers (RHP Derek Lowe, 3-3, 3.89) at Marlins (RHP Sergio Mitre, 0-2, 3.12), 12:05 p.m. ET
? Friday: Marlins (LHP Scott Olsen, 3-2, 4.89) at Nationals (RHP Shawn Hill, 2-3, 3.00), 7:05 p.m. ET

LA TV KCAL/HD

GO FISH!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
4 game losing streaks are ungood. I'll be at the game so hopefully they'll somehow manage to win tonight with Obermueller on the mound.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Put some wood on the ball for crying out loud. Play smart ball and get your heads out of your asses already.

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyone know the lineup for tonight? You think Jacobs might get a day off wih the lefty on the mound?

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is this the night the Fish get no hit? We shall see, another tough matchup.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol Hendrickson isn't a good pitcher

I expect 20 runs combined tonight!

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score

His numbers say otherwise for this season only. Obviously am I not rooting for a no hitter. I'm just bitter at the last few games that's all. I have that right :lol

Trey05Marlins

Muckdog
Reaction score

Hendrickson has a sub 2.00 era! Yeah he's not great but he's been pitching well. If we stop trying to hit cheap solo homers we might score a sufficient amount. If not, we will score 2 or less or 8 or more, probably the former.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hanley
Uggla
Miggy
Hammer
Boone
Olivo
Borch
Fredo
Wes

Win.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Jake is going to be miked tonight :) . That will make my day.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
Question : Tonight, How many get a strikeout against Hendrickson?

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the minor leagues we could put in for Borchard? If we're going to have a bad, struggling person out there, I'd at least have it a guy who might have a future.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
we shouldve brought up Chad Hermanson instead of punch-n-judy Reed....he's capable of playing CF and hitting LHP

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Catch the damn ball.
that ball was catchable, but not an easy play. And I don't want Borchard injured, since that would mean more Reed starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom