What's new

6 more cuts from big-league camp

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
We should see Jazz, Lewin and Jesus in the Miami in the season.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I'm ready for the real cuts, the guys who had a chance to actually make the team. There's a week and a half left of camp and "everyone" is still there.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I'm ready for the real cuts, the guys who had a chance to actually make the team. There's a week and a half left of camp and "everyone" is still there.
Yes, exactly. These moves were of course expected and were made since minor league camp is getting underway.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. These moves were of course expected and were made since minor league camp is getting underway.
It amazes me every year how the roster is 25 guys (now 26 of course) and you'll have a few who go on the DL so at most 30 people make the opening day roster and beyond that 30 there's about no more than 10 candidates with a real shot at making the team so that would be about 40 guys with a chance... yet spring training rosters are always around 65 guys. And yes I know there are minor leaguers who do deserve and need the experience of big league camp but come on now, let's not act like all 65 guys have a shot at the roster.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
We'll be seeing them again soon ...

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I'm not. No one wants to hear it but service time manipulation is still a thing AND we have enough major league ready outfielders as it is. With Dickerson, Joyce, Villar/Anderson, and whoever else, Monte at best is a bench outfielder on opening day and there is no point in that. If Monte is ready then I say wait until they're ready to make him a starter.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I'm not. No one wants to hear it but service time manipulation is still a thing AND we have enough major league ready outfielders as it is. With Dickerson, Joyce, Villar/Anderson, and whoever else, Monte at best is a bench outfielder on opening day and there is no point in that. If Monte is ready then I say wait until they're ready to make him a starter.
I would assume he would only make the team as a starter, I wouldn't want him on the team in any other role either.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I like how the Marlins don't have one "guy" that they're waiting for. It's multiple guys who will be big league ready soon. There's so much talent on the way, the next few seasons should be so much fun.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I like how the Marlins don't have one "guy" that they're waiting for. It's multiple guys who will be big league ready soon. There's so much talent on the way, the next few seasons should be so much fun.
I'm still waiting for Jose Urena

Top Bottom