What's new

A Fan Letter for Perry Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

As you all know, Perry Hill retired today. This is a great loss for the Marlins franchise. Perry has been there for many years assisting countless players as a first base and infield coach. He has been a tremendous asset to the team, one which every other franchise in Major League Baseball wishes they had. On top of that, he has always seemed to be a tremendous class act and all around good guy. Someone who will be missed professionally as well as personally by the team. I think I speak for all of us when I say he'll be missed much the same by us Marlins fans. Perry is not a guy you can replace. There's a big void in the dugout, and in the 1st base coaching box now that he has left the game.

I'd like to send him a letter in the mail with notes from all of us saying thanks, giving him our best wishes, and anything else you would like to say to Perry.

Please reply to this thread with your message for Perry. I will copy all the messages in here, put them in a letter, and send it to Perry from all of us. You may include your name, initials, or nothing -- whatever you would like. Please try to keep replies in here just for the messages, as that will make compiling them at the end easier.

Thank you everyone.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry, you were the best infield coach in the majors and great credit to the game.
On behalf of marlins nation, you will be missed and we wish you all the best in
life and all of your future endeavours.

-Fernando

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry Hill,

Thank you for all the great years of hard work with our players. We enjoyed having you as part of our community and we hope that all ends well with your family. Please take care and we all hope that you come back to visit this team and the fans.

Marlins fans love the game of baseball, you exemplify the best baseball has to offer. In a time of steroids and performance enhancers, you set the example that the only way to sucess is through hard work and dedication.

Thank you and good luck!

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry,
I'm going to sound redundant, but thank you for the amazing years here with the orginization! you have made players from nothing into gold golvers. You really are one of the most special coaches in the league, and we are definently going to miss you.

Please know my thoughts with you and your wife and I hope she pulls through all right.

Justin
Marlins fan since 1993

futuremarlinsgm

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dear Perry,
Thank you so much for the tremendous dedication you endowed to the Florida Marlin organization over the many years. You were one of the finest instructors for young players in the game during your time. We will always appreciate your hard work and dedication you showed in helping develop the many players and teams we have had into a great franchise. I wish you nothing but the best of luck and hope your family is in good faith and health. Thanks again for everything you have done to build this franchise. You will be sorely missed by all Marlins fans for years to come.
Marlins Fan 4 Life,
Daniel

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dear Perry,
Growing up with the Marlins, I've basically seen every team we've put out there on the field and I have to say you got more out of these players than any other coach could have, and it's because of your love for the game. I know it must've been hard to walk away from the game, but we all understand the importance of family, and when it comes to that, baseball is really just a game. Good luck in the future and I hope one day all of the fans will be able to see you out there once again.

Chris

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry,

You're the best infield coach in the game and it's not even close, this is a tremendous loss for the organization. The 2003 infield was one of the best defensive infields of all time in no small part to your hard work, insight, and talent. Best of luck to you and God bless you and your family.

- Alex Cardenas

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bone, your devotion and dedication to the players and organization is unquestionable. The bond you have formed with players such as Alex Gonzalez is indicative of the passion you possess and inspire.

It's a shame to see you go and I hope the future brings as much success as the past has.

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Hill for serving the great Marlin franchise for all those years. Good luck in the future Mr. Hill

Sincerely, Adam

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mr. Hill:

Thanks for being a Florida Marlin. The joy of watching year after year of great infield defenses was incredible. You are one of the greatest, if not, the greatest coach in Marlins history. I wish you all the best as you made the right decision of putting family over baseball. We have your family in our prayers as you leave the American game. I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Michael

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Mr. Hill thank you for your service over the last five seasons. In my opinion your work with our infielders is one of the main reasons the Marlins were able to win a world championship. As you may or not know you are held in high esteem by the majority of Major League Baseball from every thing I've read regarding your coaching, when they start placing a higher value on coaches there should be a spot in the HOF for you. Good Luck in the future, Robb M.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry Hill thanks for all years that service us here with marlins. i hope you wife get better

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mr. Hill,

Your work has been greatly appreciated and there is no doubt that you will be sorely missed by the players and Marlins fans alike. Good luck to you, sir.

FishFanInPA

Thanks Perry for making such great fielding infielders...if i had kids i'd send them to you to make them men and to make them great infielders. Hope all is well with your family

Matt

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mr. Hill,

Thank you for everything. We really appreciate your work with us. I wish you the very best,

- Miri

FishFan24

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Hill,

I wanted to thank you for you time with the Florida Marlins and for a wonderful career that saw you coach some of the very best players in the game today. I wish you all the best and will always remember your time here with our baseball team and within our community.

-Richard

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
Perry,

Thanks for always being a class act. You seem to be a great guy, on and off the field. You've been a huge asset, helping the infielders improve their game. The team will not be the same without you. The marlins will surely miss you a lot, as will your fans. Over the years, you've been very receptive to signing autographs for me, which I thank you for.

-Jeff (the kid nagging you for autographs at the JetCenter)

Reaction score
Perry,

Heard the news today and was sad about it. Thanks for everything you brought to the table with our fish. You have molded some of the brightest stars in the game today and we love you for it. Also, hell of a ride in 03, had fun with all the memories of that team.

Good Luck,

The Shermanator-batboy 02-04

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mr. Hill,

You were more than a coach. You represented what us fans associate with the Florida Marlins: hard work, dedication and results. The number of players who have vouched for your ability to teach and to make them who they are today on the field is a comment on why you are the best coach in the business. From Luis Castillo to Dan Uggla, it has been exciting as a fan to watch them grow and improve, and we have you to thank for that. You will be missed by fans and players alike, but we understand that family comes first. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. Thanks for the memories.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom