What's new

A new low

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Forget Tank and Julio's 9th inning collapse...

We actually started Reggie Abercrombie, John Gall, and Aaron Boone yesterday.

Not to mention we start a guy named Dan Uggla everyday. He will be relegated to nothing but sitting on AAA roster for the rest of his career by 2009.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not to mention we start a guy named Dan Uggla everyday. He will be relegated to nothing but sitting on AAA roster for the rest of his career by 2009.
:rolleyes:

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Oh there will always be new lows get over it, at least the team got hit before the fifth inning. As for Uggla is there a better option than him right now in the Marlins organization? NO!!!!!!!!! Andino couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat so don't even try suggesting that one either. Geez imagine if Uggla didn't go 3 for 5 last night.

Reaction score
Dan Uggla? u mean that guy that went 3 for 5 with a run and rbi and 3 doubles yesterday?

or the guy with 6 hr this year who plays second base?

or maybe the guy hitting .296 over the last week?

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
And who would you suggest we start? Guys on the DL?

The other people on the team that we can put out there are equal to, worse, or just barely mariginally better then those players. Until we get healthy, we're going to have a lot of holes. It doesn't matter who we put out there, they are all bench/AAAA material.

I'm a lot more placid then a lot of people about how we're doing right now, there's high and lows in a season and this is deffinantly our low, but I just can't stand how sloppy we are on the field, both on offense and expecially on deffense. It's just plain ridiculous. It's not just the back ups, but the normal everyday players too. It's pointless to just point blame on the bench/AAAA guys, because they're not the only ones playing sloppy.

Big_Rob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dan Uggla? u mean that guy that went 3 for 5 with a run and rbi and 3 doubles yesterday?

or the guy with 6 hr this year who plays second base?

or maybe the guy hitting .296 over the last week?

No, I think he was referring to the guy that made the all-star team last year and set an all-time record for homeruns by a rookie second-baseman.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
point blank we left 11 ppl on base, we could have easily had 6 or 7 runs last night.

we left it a tight 1 run game and we allowed the Nationals to stay in game.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score

Were you watching the game last night homeboy? Uggla was
3 for 5 so congratulations! that's the stupidest thing i've read
in this forum this year.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
My bad,

I was talking about Dan Uggla that took 4 years to get out of A Ball, and 6 to get out of the minors. Even then, he might've never gotten out if it wasn't for a cheap team and the Rule V Draft.

I'm talking about the Dan Uggla who has over a strikeout a game this year. Out of all of our "regulars" he is hitting the least... 20 points below Miguel Olivo! He doesn't get on base, near as much as he should. Only .323 this year... which even in his miracle year, where he hit .282, he only got on base at a rate of .339. Not mention he is for the most part, a wreck in the infield.

Is he on a hot streak right now and doing a lot of good things, yes. But you can also say that about Miguel Olivo, Jason Wood or Scott Olsen at the plate. You can't evaluate his performance on one week. Yes he is hitting well this week, and he did for Week 3 too... but he also hit .178 another week.

I promise you, he will not be a Major League starter in 2 years. Last year was amazing. I give him a lot of credit... but he can't change who he is... an AAAA/bench player for a mediocre organization.

As far as people in the organization who could be up here... you're right. There are none right now. But next year I expect these guys might get a shot at ST.

Lee Mitchell is finally out of injuries, and playing out of his mind.
Chris Coghlan this kid will be miles ahead of Uggla at 27 years old, and the obvious best candidate for our future at 2B.

I'm not saying Dan Uggla shouldn't be playing 2B right now, because what else are we going to do. But he is not near as good as advertised.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol you are being ridiculous

Lee Mitchell ha

I don't think Uggla has a season like his rookie year ever again either.... but Lee Mitchell... come on...

and Chris Coghlan is still years away

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee Mitchell is definitely a stretch. But as far as our organization goes... the infield is dry. The kid hit around .300 his last 2 years in college, and is currently hitting better than most anyone at Carolina except Dante Brinkley, and he has 7 homers.

Coghlan will definitely see A+ ball this year, and spend next year between there and Carolina I assume. I don't think he will be too far off, if he continues to produce.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score

Were you watching the game last night homeboy? Uggla was
3 for 5 so congratulations! that's the stupidest thing i've read
in this forum this year.
Not the stupidest but really close to it!

Everone is entitled to an opinion but, geez, that is a hell of an opinion

I like Lee Mitchell.

Not as a starter, but I think he will contribute as a reserve IF and pinch hitter very nicely at some point.

Top Bottom