Muckdog
Reaction score
100 % A must deal

1. OF Todd Hollandworth to anybody for a bag of popcorn and peanuts :deal
2. 1B Derek Lee to the Braves for RHP Jason Marquis :thumbup
3. Pudge to anybody who would take the rest of his Marlins contract :confused

50/50 I don't know

1.Looper for LHP B. Classuen of the Yankees :mischief2
2. Castillo for LHP Scott Kazmir and C Justin Huber or 2B Danny Garcia :mischief2
3. Penny for SS/2B Felipe Lopez and OF S.Smitherman :mischief2

less than 50 % HELL NO!!!

1. Lowell to the Cubs, LA, or Seattle :angry

side note now that Seattle has gotten into the bidding for Lowell. The Cubs are going to have to come to the table hard because other than the Cubs, Seattle has the best farm system in the ML.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Braves wont add payroll.... and they have Fick and the Franco boys at 1st.... they dont want/need DLee

we cant get anything for TH

Pudge isnt going anywhere

no on the Looper for Claussen-(not a fan of Yankee prospects except Lowell)

Castillo for Kazmir and Huber would be awesome but i doubt the Mets do it

Penny for Lopez and Smitherman is good only if Castillo leaves

100% agree on the Lowell deal

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp first, the Braves will take Lee if offered believe me, Fick is a one yr deal. Lee would a long term for them. Second I don't want anything in return for Hollandworth is about $$$ here same with Pudge. Third I wouldn't trade Looper but if the Yankees offer either Nick Johnson(who's can be had) or LHP Brandon Classuen( who would step right into the Marlins rotation, which would look very good with three lefties in the rotation). Fourth the Mets farm system is NOT very deep "if" they want Castillo they would have to include Kazmir(should have been a Marlin last year :angry ) and ______.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
but I heard the Braves arent gonna be able to raise payroll at all this summer....

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
You might be right ramp with the Shef looking for a big pay day. They might look elsewhere for there power, so they might take Lee for that reason.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agreed on the Castillo deal and the Lowell deal, and i hope is to seatle for their top 3 prospects. Anyone know who they are?

The Penny deal I would agree to if Castillo and Looper are dealt for the deals you put up.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
*I'm hoping someone will take interest in Holly as a 4th OF for a playoff run. His salary might be the only catcher as other players of equal talent might be found for cheaper.

*Would rather trade D Lee outside of the division if at all. I think both Stokes and Adrian are 2 years away. Plus over the past few games Lee has raised his .OPS 70 points and has a very good K/BB not to mention his gold glove defense. He's also only 27...not sure if hes eligible for free agency or has one more year of arbitration left...ranks 8th in MLB in walks btw.

*Pudge, unfortunately, isnt going anywhere. He has played better as of late, but I wish he was never signed and Castro/Redmond were platooning.

*Loop trade - I'm not ready to hand the closers job to Spooney just yet. It's not that he lacks the stuff, but I don't think he has the mental side of closing yet. He will be expensive to sign (6yrs exp) so that would be the only reason to trade him.

*The Castillo trade I would not mind at all, but the Mets would never do that unless they found a taker for Alomar. I honestly wish all the Luis trade-talk would go away. I'd much rather trade JP and keep Luis as our leadoff hitter. He is starting to develop decent power and could hit 15 homers this year. If he was traded with the intention of having money to sign Lowell long term then fine.

*Penny trade - The Reds wouldn't do that deal unless Luis was included which would raise the price on their side as well.

*If it comes down to trading Lowell which I hope it does not...he should go to the team offering the best pitching prospects. So far seems like the Cubs have what it takes, but lately I've been hearing about Rafiel Soriano(sp?)...projects as a 3 pitch starter (age 23)..fastball tops out at 97mph...and hard slider . This team should
be built on pitching and we need to stock our farm teams with it.
2002 Club (Class)
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/featu...inerstop03.html

Theres a link on Soriano...

Ravenlord

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ramp first, the Braves will take Lee if offered believe me, Fick is a one yr deal. Lee would a long term for them. Second I don't want anything in return for Hollandworth is about $$$ here same with Pudge. Third I wouldn't trade Looper but if the Yankees offer either Nick Johnson(who's can be had) or LHP Brandon Classuen( who would step right into the Marlins rotation, which would look very good with three lefties in the rotation). Fourth the Mets farm system is NOT very deep "if" they want Castillo they would have to include Kazmir(should have been a Marlin last year :angry ) and ______.
the Braves usually don't sign anyone to more than a 2 year deal. Lee doesn't put up the numbers for the Braves to want him long-term.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
We can trade Lee to the A's they need a 1st baseman and they wanted him last year....again Lowell shouldnt go, we need him so we can contend. Without him we are dead Beats...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
What could Lee be traded for in Okland. Whats some of their top prospects?

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
What could Lee be traded for in Okland. Whats some of their top prospects?
i know they have some pretty good pitchers in Triple A.....Justin Duchsherer and Aaron Harang are both putting up great numbers, Also Jason Grebowski is a good offensive player and is batting .331

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
they have Scott Hatteberg and Erubiel Durazo at 1st base...

they wouldnt want DLee

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ravenlord Lee will be a very good player once he leaves here. Yes, I said it reason the stadium he plays in. When 70%of your career HR come on the road its telling. Lee is not a pull hitter and never will.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly. Lee will be succeesful almost anywhere else but here...

*DOES NOT want to hvae Lowell traded, and doesn't think it will happen!*

dak11

Muckdog
Reaction score
"Castillo for LHP Scott Kazmir and C Justin Huber or 2B Danny Garcia"

- That trade would never happen in a million years.

Castillo's a pending FA while Kazmir is the top lefty in the minors and Huber is one of the top catching prospects. You guys are dreaming if you think you'll get those type of prospects for Castillo.

Garcia would have been a possibility IF Castillo wasn't a FA.

The Mets aren't going anywhere this year so they have no need to deal any prospects for pending FA's.

Fish Fillet

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think Castillo's FA candidacy is a problem for a trade.

Whoever trades for Castillo will be looking to re-sign him. He's not the player you look to for immediate help in a pennant race with HR's and RBI's as much as he is a trade to improve the quality of your team overall.

Lee will be a very good player once he leaves here. Yes, I said it reason the stadium he plays in. When 70%of your career HR come on the road its telling. Lee is not a pull hitter and never will.

Lee will not make a very good player anywhere unless the place he goes to has opening day in June. Until he learns how to hit in the first couple months of a season he is an average player.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee will not make a very good player anywhere unless the place he goes to has opening day in June. Until he learns how to hit in the first couple months of a season he is an average player.
i am not a lee fan but just watching last night shows how much this stadium hurts his power numbers....if he plays anywhere else, DLee has atleast 18hr right

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is the Braves Payroll Before AOL :jump
This is the Braves Payroll After AOL :brigginbounce This is the Braves Payroll Due to AOLTimeWarner's Problems :anon

AOLTW is looking to dump the Braves. If the Braves can't be dumped, players will be! Fire Sale will not happen to save face, instead they will not be signed and replaced by "prospects." Only time will tell when, but if AOL keeps them longer than 3 years more I will be impressed.

MarlinLover2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have a way that we wouldn't have to trade Mike Lowell. We could Trade 3 or 4 bad players like Todd Hollandsworth, Andy Fox, Matt Mordecie, and Armando Almanza for some good player.

Top Bottom