What's new

Aaron Thompson

I know he is young(turned 20 in Feburary), but take away just one appearance(April 18th) and his stat line goes from 4.12 ERA/1.35 ERA to 3.17 ERA/1.26 with Jupiter.

Is there a chance he gets a cup of coffee in Carolina this year?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
no reason for it

but if/when Gaby gets the call it could be Thompson who goes up

then again, if Volstad gets his head out of his ass it would be him

I only ask is because I didnt know Thompson was doing so well, or that he had got to Jupiter already.

Honestly, tonight was the first time I had really checked up on him.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Are any of our fab youngsters truly performing up to the hype? It's nice to see that Thompson's numbers aren't too bad but it would be nice to see most of them pitch up to specs considering we invested several drafts worth of picks in nothing but pitchers.

These are 20/21 year olds in their 2nd full season of pro ball. One of the few occasions where if it looks and quacks like a duck, it really might not be a duck. They will have their highs and lows as they are still getting acclimated to the pro game. Cant evaluate them to a totally respectable degree as of yet.

That said, I think they have all faired pretty well for the most part except Tucker, but to be truthful I havent looked at his stats this year so he might of bounced back.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Of the #1's from 2005, I've seen Marceaux and Tucker pitch in person. I'm not sure why the switch to the pen for Marceaux, but he was the only college pitcher of the five. Tucker definitely is bringing some serious heat and made a couple of bad pitches when I saw him the other day that were hit a looooong way. As for Thompson if he continues like he's done so far I don't see why a trip to Zebulon wouldn't be out of the question, but the Marlins generally keep a pitcher in high A for the full year.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the switch to the pen for Marceaux, but he was the only college pitcher of the five.
His velocity was going down in the 5th and 6th innings of each start. Bullpen is best suited for him anyway

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
He pitched another great game tonight...

7.1ip, 8h, 2r, 1er, 2bb, 7k - ERA 3.66

PaPa Marlin

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hammerheads are having a tuff time scoring runs.
Thompson's numbers look good but he is only 1-3

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
High A is one of the most important development times for a pitcher (correct me if I am wrong please), I dont think they will move him onwards until the very end of the year at most.

It is a shame about west, I hope he recovers soon. Thompson, West, Volstad and Tucker could be a nice group of future starters.

Its why I figure he will be there to end the season.

4-5 starts maybe in Carolina. Thompson could reach MLB faster than the other 3 first round high schoolers from the 05, JMHO.

He has been dealing all year except for one start.

Top Bottom