What's new

Admin Johnson the to Packers?

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Report: Packers make offer for Admin Johnson

Scout.com reports that the Packers have offered a first and fourth-round pick for Admin Johnson.

The stunning part here is that a tentative contract would likely have to be worked out between the Packers and LJ before making this offer. Kansas City has dangled Johnson in recent days, perhaps worried about a holdout and his blocking ability. LJ reportedly wants more money than LaDainian Tomlinson and is a risk after his heavy 2006 workload. If the report is true, we suspect the two sides will be able to make a deal. Apr. 26 - 2:00 pm et
Source: scout.com

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score

Scout.com reports that the Packers have offered a first and fourth-round pick for Admin Johnson.

The stunning part here is that a tentative contract would likely have to be worked out between the Packers and LJ before making this offer. Kansas City has dangled Johnson in recent days, perhaps worried about a holdout and his blocking ability. LJ reportedly wants more money than LaDainian Tomlinson and is a risk after his heavy 2006 workload. If the report is true, we suspect the two sides will be able to make a deal. Apr. 26 - 2:00 pm et
How does he fit in there? When was the last GB RB with over 10 rushing TD's? When Green had that monster year in 2003? I don't like how this turns out of LJ.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

How does he fit in there? When was the last GB RB with over 10 rushing TD's? When Green had that monster year in 2003? I don't like how this turns out of LJ.

I think the chiefs would be fools to trade him. Herman Edwards is destroying that team...

However I think every team in the league would take LJ (except san diego). The NFC north is not a good division, so he would put up some monster numbers there. The chiefs on the other hand would quickly drop to 3rd in the afc west.

MikeLowell

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's all they would get for LJ? I would think they would get more. Yes he did have a huge workload last season but he is still one of the best RBs in the game, is only 27, and did have nearly 2200 all-purpose yards and 19 TDs. What a stupid trade that would be.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
That's all they would get for LJ? I would think they would get more. Yes he did have a huge workload last season but he is still one of the best RBs in the game, is only 27, and did have nearly 2200 all-purpose yards and 19 TDs. What a stupid trade that would be.

I think its a dumb trade as well. I am not sure where I read this, but he said he wanted more money than LT is getting. He also has a bad attitude. I'd still trade for him, he will probably be a top 2 back in the nfl for the next 4-5 seasons.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score

I think its a dumb trade as well. I am not sure where I read this, but he said he wanted more money than LT is getting. He also has a bad attitude. I'd still trade for him, he will probably be a top 2 back in the nfl for the next 4-5 seasons.

Yeah, I'm surprised that, essentially, they'd be trading him for less than Ricky Williams was traded for. (1st, conditional 1st and 3rd).

Still, I've heard KC wants him gone, so this'll probably get done with another conditional pick added.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
This also screws up San Diego's plan because they were asking for a 1st and a 3rd for Michael turner! If this trade happens they will quickly have to lower their demands.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope this goes down because I want Favre in the playoffs one more time.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope this goes down because I want Favre in the playoffs one more time.

It would be cool if Green Bay sent a #3 to the raiders and picked up randy moss as well.

wanks1212

Muckdog
Reaction score
after the way herm edwards ran him into the ground last year i'd be wary of giving up that much, plus a huge new deal, for lj

Top Bottom