What's new

Aguilar and Marlins 250k apart

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Seems dumb to go to a hearing which often leads to bad feelings on the player's side over 250k but whatever.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Nothing good happens in an arbitration hearing over 250k.

MarlinsLou

Hammerhead
Reaction score
What kind of bad things would happen ?
It pisses off the player - who you haven't had for very long - and sets a precedent to other players you're silly.

I am all for negotiating hard and firm, but this amount is stupid.

They did great with Villar and Urena (I would have guessed $1.5-2 million more), and maybe gave Conley $100-150k too much. They are well ahead on all of them.

Just give the dude $2.45 and call it a day.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
i'm curious what the lowest difference where arbitration was required has been since this process began years ago

mystikol87

Muckdog
Reaction score
Curious: how often have we heard about this process actually negatively-affecting the relationship between player and team? I know the process seem far-from-ideal, but maybe something similar already happens in contract negotiations?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Frisaro always says that the Marlins are a file and trial team but that was really during the Loria years and I don't think Jeter has ever said they wouldn't negotiate past the exchange dates.

So basically just saying there's still a chance they avoid arbitration considering how low the dollar amount is here.

Remember yesterday's deadline is really a superficial thing. It was the deadline to exchange figures but many agreements still happen after the deadline.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Curious: how often have we heard about this process actually negatively-affecting the relationship between player and team? I know the process seem far-from-ideal, but maybe something similar already happens in contract negotiations?
You goto the hearing and you basically tell the player to his face why you dont value him for what he is worth.

For a few mil difference it can make sense. For 250k its stupid to give any hurt feelings for the player unless you truly dont value that player long term.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Frisaro always says that the Marlins are a file and trial team but that was really during the Loria years and I don't think Jeter has ever said they wouldn't negotiate past the exchange dates.

So basically just saying there's still a chance they avoid arbitration considering how low the dollar amount is here.

Remember yesterday's deadline is really a superficial thing. It was the deadline to exchange figures but many agreements still happen after the deadline.
And if they actually goto trial they are morons.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
You goto the hearing and you basically tell the player to his face why you dont value him for what he is worth.

For a few mil difference it can make sense. For 250k its stupid to give any hurt feelings for the player unless you truly dont value that player long term.
I tried this approach during my last yearly review at my job for an extra 250k - I'm on unemployment now = (

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I tried this approach during my last yearly review at my job for an extra 250k - I'm on unemployment now = (
well 250k at your job is not the same as 250k at this job.

Its probably closer to $2500 to regular folks!

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score

I'd be happy to get a $2500 raise. But I'm just a grad student researcher and no one cares about us to give us that kind of money.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score

yeaaaaaah...that ain't happening at any of the jobs i've ever held either. no worries - just waiting for these companies to start sharing the money they've made off of the tax breaks passed for them. that's how it works right?

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I'd be happy to get a $2500 raise. But I'm just a grad student researcher and no one cares about us to give us that kind of money.
What are you researching and why and how much longer do you have?

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
I am a Chemistry graduate student at UF. I'm studying nanomaterials and I have 3-4 years left.
Ooh at 95 years old you better narrow that down to like a year. Best of luck!

Top Bottom