What's new

AJ's replacement?

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Here's a question that could make or break the season:

*Would you bring up LHP Dontrelle Willis from Double A and let him learn at the team expenses. He's going to have his ups and down. Probable get knock around, well also looking unhittable. Have another lefty in the rotation and leave Tejera in the pen.

*Bring up RHP Justin Wayne from Triple A. He has control of four good pitches. He look good at times last year when he got the call but other times just couldn't get an out. He's fastball is very hittable. Justin would be next in line of top pitching prospects. He has looked OK in Triple A.

*Put Tejera in the rotation. Tejera looks great last year as start for the first four inning of games but when time was running out on teams. He could make his pitch, as you can see when his in the pen and is brought in with runners on base. They 9 times out 10 score. Tejera would give the Marlins early innings and would give the team that second lefty.

*Go with a four man rotation?

*Trade for a pitcher? A veteran pitcher yes and young pitcher no but who?

I would go with Dontrelle Willis. He's your future. Its early and the lump he takes now will help him and the team down the road. Tereja has had his chances and is really struggling. Plus, he the only long relief they got dwon there. Wayne has to be "ON" to be an effective pitcher. Willis is my pick

thoughts??

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
A four man rotation....

I would love that.

But NOT ONE organization would have the testicles to do that in today's game for a long term period.

You will see Tejera as the replacement, with Wayne as the second option I would assume.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
AJ on disable list opens up a roster spot?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
AJ on disable list opens up a roster spot?
yup

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I say Willis too. He has been awesome to date in AA, and it would be interesting to see how he does in the Majors. His effective/ineffective ratio would be just as good/bad as Tejera's is in the Bigs. Wayne wasn't that good as I recall when called up last September.

Chuck Finley is still on the market...

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Chuck Finley is still on the market...
If he turned down a team like The Cardinals who were offering a great contract and The Phils too

what do you think he would do to a team that does not have enough money to spend.

He just went through a horrible divorse, I think he's done with baseball

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Finley will be back in baseball this year....

Either on the west coast or with the cardinals.

the only organization he would leave the west coast for would be st. louis....and they cant sign him until may 1.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
In the Marlins Website is says that Wayne is pitching in Arizona V.S. the Elmer dessens....i hope its true. I really like how he pitches and has matured a whole lot.

They said Tejera is starting in an article but i think he pitched today in relief.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
In the Marlins Website is says that Wayne is pitching in Arizona V.S. the Elmer dessens....i hope its true. I really like how he pitches and has matured a whole lot.

They said Tejera is starting in an article but i think he pitched today in relief.
He pitched only one out. I don't know who is starting.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
YAY JUSTIN!!!!!!! :w00t :D :p ;) :cool :)
I think heads will roll if anyone disagrees with this choice :shifty

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
YAY JUSTIN!!!!!!! :w00t :D :p ;) :cool :)
I think heads will roll if anyone disagrees with this choice :shifty Justin Wayne is perfect for tomorrow... series win against the D-Backs anyone? :mischief2 :shifty

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
1truefan

your boy better be pretty damn good tomorrow....

out bullpen is tired as hell and Wayne is going to have to go deep into the game

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree...he better do well

I was at today's game....incredible, but wow...yes our bullpen is dead tired....so hopefully he can keep the d-backs down.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Go Justin. I think the team would be better off with him in the rotation and Tejera in the bullpen. I'm no fan of Tommy Phelps.

As for DW, I love him - but I would not rush him. Give him some more time. If we need him, we can always bring him up later in the year.

Jack1

Sorry, but I hope Wayne stinks up the place. Would serve the Marlins right!!
Go Diamondbacks!!

Sorry, but I hope Wayne stinks up the place. Would serve the Marlins right!!
Go Diamondbacks!!
I thought you were a Marlins fan? :blink:

Top Bottom