What's new

Alex Cora fired

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
And what's gonna do with mets manager Carlos Beltran? Just keep the silence?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Cora is getting at least a year from MLB so might as well get it out of the way now.

As far as Beltran, Mets SHOULD fire him for basically lying to everyone, but I have little faith they actually will.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Hard to say I feel bad for the Mets but man they stumbled into this shit pretty unknowingly this time. Tough call for them and no matter what they choose its gonna be a pain in the ass for them.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.
But now they dont have to wait?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Hard to say I feel bad for the Mets but man they stumbled into this shit pretty unknowingly this time. Tough call for them and no matter what they choose its gonna be a pain in the ass for them.
Its not that tough.

They asked Beltran if he was involved. He said no.

That was proven to be a lie.

You fire him on the spot and say its becuase he lied in a job interview and you move on with life.

Not that difficult really.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
But now they dont have to wait?
I know what I said, I was being facetious with my comment a few minutes ago.

I didn't think Boston would fire him before their investigation was completed. But it's clear that the results of their investigation is irrelevant to their decision on Cora going forward.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Its not that tough.

They asked Beltran if he was involved. He said no.

That was proven to be a lie.

You fire him on the spot and say its becuase he lied in a job interview and you move on with life.

Not that difficult really.
Where does it say they asked him about this in their interviews?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Where does it say they asked him about this in their interviews?
I guess thats true. Brodie may not have been saavy enough to ask that question for a job interview for manager of his club.

The Wilpons as per usual dont care, and are focused on the millions they will each make when the team is sold this year.

So I could buy that.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I know what I said, I was being facetious with my comment a few minutes ago.

I didn't think Boston would fire him before their investigation was completed. But it's clear that the results of their investigation is irrelevant to their decision on Cora going forward.
That and I'm sure MLB kinda has already informed the ownership group what is more or less happening and after getting that report...

Its pretty fucking damning for Cora.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
That and I'm sure MLB kinda has already informed the ownership group what is more or less happening and after getting that report...

Its pretty fucking damning for Cora.
Yeah I read that Crane knew a lot of what was coming down on Houston a few days ago so Boston probably has an ides of their punishment too.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I still think it was messed up that Manfred specifically name dropped Beltran in his report. If no players were gonna be disciplined then leave them all out of it. It shouldn't matter that Beltran is now a manager because the report is about what happened when Beltran was a player. It really feels like Manfred was purposely casting a shadow over Beltran for this. If anything the right move would have been for Manfred to privately tell the Mets front office and ownership about Beltran's involvement but not to make it public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom