What's new

Alex Cora fired

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I kinda feel like it's a Mets thing that they won't fire him.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
I still think it was messed up that Manfred specifically name dropped Beltran in his report. If no players were gonna be disciplined then leave them all out of it. It shouldn't matter that Beltran is now a manager because the report is about what happened when Beltran was a player. It really feels like Manfred was purposely casting a shadow over Beltran for this. If anything the right move would have been for Manfred to privately tell the Mets front office and ownership about Beltran's involvement but not to make it public.
I could be wrong but I thought the reason Beltran was specifically mentioned, was his involvement in creating the system. Other players used it, but seemingly didn't help invent it.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought the reason Beltran was specifically mentioned, was his involvement in creating the system. Other players used it, but seemingly didn't help invent it.
Then punish him for it. I don't like that its "no punishments for players" but hey keep an eye on Beltran.

"You are all innocent... except for that guy!"

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Then punish him for it. I don't like that its "no punishments for players" but hey keep an eye on Beltran.

"You are all innocent... except for that guy!"
I agree, I guess he's leaving it up to the Mets to punish him. It is the Mets though so they may not

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
In discussing possibilities to replace Cora MLB.com mentions Hensley Meulens...

"...Meulens just got the job as bench coach with the Mets... But he’d likely jump at the chance to vacate that post and realize his dream of becoming a manager"

Just laughing because that would mean Meulens pretty much got jobs with the Marlins, Mets, and Red Sox all in the same offseason. Can't trust this guy to keep any position!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
In discussing possibilities to replace Cora MLB.com mentions Hensley Meulens...

"...Meulens just got the job as bench coach with the Mets... But he’d likely jump at the chance to vacate that post and realize his dream of becoming a manager"

Just laughing because that would mean Meulens pretty much got jobs with the Marlins, Mets, and Red Sox all in the same offseason. Can't trust this guy to keep any position!
Muelens could also step up and manage the mets too....

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Muelens could also step up and manage the mets too....
That would require their agent turned GM firing him. Unless it'll be a Wilpon decision, then it seems even less likely to happen.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
I think Beltran should have to keep managing the Mets, that's by far the worse punishment, as for Cora the Sox were just beating MLB to the punch

el_gmac

I don't like Mike Hill and Jeter
VIP
Reaction score
"

Actually I hope the Astros get this idiot, to manage they both deserve each other

Top Bottom