What's new

Alfredo Amezaga

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
Alfredo Amezaga will be the starting everyday centerfielder by the end of this season. Book it.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Alfredo Amezaga will be the starting everyday centerfielder by the end of this season. Book it.
That's the worst news I have heard in a while.

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
w.e dude. i think he has a lot of talent and certinley thinking twice about it. i dont think de aza will be that good through the course of a seaon when he comes back. and you have the borchard/ross platoon in right... i kind of like it

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
ok since you seem to not like my opinion. who do you see as the centerfielder?

TPJI328

Muckdog
Reaction score
i guess we will see how well he does once he returns.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
While I expect Ross/Amezaga to get the bulk of at bats this year in CF, I don't believe Amezaga will based on merit.

Even if he is playing like a man possessed right now

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I'll expecting Ross hit a homer tomorrow.

Reaction score
Very good game today, maybe not at the plate, but he won't get 3 hits everyday. He did get an assist and robbed a hr. You can't ask for more. I do believe that de Aza will be the guy patrolling CF when he comes back.

Reaction score
He made some big plays today, and has done well recently, but it would be disappointing if de Aza isn't given allowed to regain the starting job once he's ready.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
We saw this all of last year, Fredo would get start for about a week in a row and would do great, but every time he got an extended amount of playing time he would start to wear down and his numbers would plummet. Hopefully before too long he'll be able to return to his utility role where he is best suited.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Don't ever say that! It my worst nightmare! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

marlinz_fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
We saw this all of last year, Fredo would get start for about a week in a row and would do great, but every time he got an extended amount of playing time he would start to wear down and his numbers would plummet. Hopefully before too long he'll be able to return to his utility role where he is best suited.

Amen to that brother. I love Fredo, but he is not an everyday player. He is best suited to the utility position he fills so well with the Marlins. He is a great clubhouse guy and seems to keep Miggy happy as a good friend (Miggy seems to be the type to mope and stuff like that at times so Fredo keeps him in check from what I have observed from the dugout). I think Fredo will be here for a while, and I think Colorado definately regrets letting him go.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
We can only hope not.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish this was just a thread about giving Fredo kudos for getting a bunch of hits in the absence of our starter instead of turning in to an argument. Why argue? He's hitting great, making pitchers work out of the 8 hole and making some wonderful plays in the OF in the absence of our starter... but hes not the starter. Hes an adventure out there and our pitching needs De Aza roaming that CF.

We're winning with a SS playing CF.. everyone be happy instead of taking potshots at players who have been playing great.

Top Bottom