What's new

An inside on McKeon strategy

rmarlins

Muckdog
Reaction score
This article is on today's sunsentinel it's a good article on Jack he is a smart baseball man after all age count for something? he has experience and a different approach on managing than torborg. here is a quote from the article "We're not going to try to set the stolen-base record," McKeon said. "Who cares about that kind of record?"
here is the link http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...ports%2Dmarlins :shifty

Chatty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with McKeon on stealing bases. So many times when a player steals and makes an out I get furious why he attempted to steal a base. I like the fact that only Pierre and Castillo will have the green light always and the others will have to get the signal to steal. I am really beginning to like our new manager a lot. While I liked Torborg very much as a person there were many times that I didn't agree with his managing. When Hollandsworth was having such a tough time in April hitting he should have given him some days off and played Banks but he just stuck with him. McKeon wants to win games and he will do anything he has to do even if it might hurt the feelings of the players. I am beginning to think that there still might be some hope for this season if we can only get Atlanta to go into some kind of slump.

Top Bottom