What's new

Anibal Sanchez optioned to AAA

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Rough game/start to the season for the kid. Obviously the majority think he is still going to be something special. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on the DL with some kind of elbow tendonitis in the near future. Something's not right.

Kid is still gonna be awesome though.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree, he just doesnt look right. If he does have some sort of elbow problem he needs to go on the DL ASAP before it turns into something worse. Gaby time j/k. I hope he does turn it around though. He has some pretty good stuff.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
You said the elbow thing a few times in the game thread. I'm assuming this is something you've heard or is it a feeling?

costabear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didnt he have some kind of injury scare before spring training?

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score
When Anibal has his control, he's very tough. On another note, did Cabrera look like he was in pain today? I know the team trainer says his injury won't get worse; I just hope it can get better, even without taking any days off.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
You said the elbow thing a few times in the game thread. I'm assuming this is something you've heard or is it a feeling?
nothing concrete though

marlinsfan75

Muckdog
Reaction score
Didnt he have some kind of injury scare before spring training?
I remember reading something where he had to stop throwing for a short period or something in ST. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

The Runner

Muckdog
Reaction score
hello all

rough outing for Sanchez but on a encouraging note I think Obermueller has earned his time with the club and hopefully will be sticking around for a while as a spot starter / long relief

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
nothing concrete though
If they've been talking about a possible elbow problem why the hell was he pitching? Why wouldn't they check him out if there are these concerns flyign around? His command is MIA and his fastball is slower than last year's.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
nothing concrete though
If they've been talking about a possible elbow problem why the hell was he pitching? Why wouldn't they check him out if there are these concerns flyign around? His command is MIA and his fastball is slower than last year's.
it's what some people believe... but there is no evidence of it as of this posting

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
nothing concrete though
it's what some people believe... but there is no evidence of it as of this posting
When you say some people... do you mean reliable people or just some random people? You don't have to post names.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
nothing concrete though
When you say some people... do you mean reliable people or just some random people? You don't have to post names.
just random baggers at Publix who I hang out with

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
nothing concrete though
just random baggers at Publix who I hang out with
Umm.. Okay. You know what I meant :rolleyes: .

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is nothing new but I decided to post it anyway.... From Rotoworld.

Anibal Sanchez took his first loss after giving up three runs and seven hits in 3 2/3 innings Wednesday against the Mets.
Sanchez got hit in the left leg by David Wright's comebacker in the first and was down for a minute or so, but he was able to stay in. Unfortunately, his command was well off even before the injury. He ended up walking four over the first two innings, and he's now up to 19 walks in his last five starts. He's also giving up plenty of hits, so he's pretty lucky to have a 4.80 ERA a month in.

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was there and after Anibal went down, something was not right...I don't know if the elbow problems just happened to kick in or the leg was effecting him, but when he went down in the 1st, I called my dad and said "well, there goes another starter" and gave him a standing O expecting him to be out for the game at least.

Juanky

I'm not surprised to see the elbow questions start to arise. His velocity seems off and he can't control the ball to save his life right now. Plus, with the leg issue after today I really think he needs to be shelved for a while.

Sucks to lose another starter but you don't want to lose someone else to Dr. Andrews.

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Up until he was taken out with the strain in his start previous against the Nats, Anibal has not looked to be injured in any of his starts to me. I didn't see today's game, so I can't comment on that.

Saying it is an injury is just making an excuse for Anibal in my mind. I have no doubt if a certain other pitcher currently on the DL was pitching the way Anibal is right now ? horrendous BB/K ratio, terrible K/9, BB/9, H/9, etc. ? the same people making excuses for Anibal right now would be all about saying this is more about the league figuring him out. Which I think is the case with Anibal right now.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hie velocity is down, he can't locate his breaking ball, and his stuff has less bite to it.

PBCMarlinsFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hie velocity is down, he can't locate his breaking ball, and his stuff has less bite to it.

There hasn't been too noticeable a drop in his velocity, but then again he never was a fireballer - or at least since his callup to the Marlins. He has left a number of breaking balls hanging, I'll give you that. And his control in general has left something to be desired.

Top Bottom