What's new

Another Puig Issue

Mickey Mantis

Muckdog
Reaction score
Apparently Puig once again showed up late to BP for their home opener and is being replaced by Matt Kemp. Man, this kids ego is bigger than the number he wears. Unreal.

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
It's going to be hilarious following him around this season. This guy seems to genuinely believe that he's as good as he was last year. Once that BABIP regresses and his numbers become a bit more pedestrian, he's going to absolutely flip

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
It's going to be hilarious following him around this season. This guy seems to genuinely believe that he's as good as he was last year. Once that BABIP regresses and his numbers become a bit more pedestrian, he's going to absolutely flip
He flips all the time.
His bat, that is.
Home run? Bat flip. Single? Bat flip. Bunt? Bat flip. Strike out? Bat flip.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
Evidently, none of you are Cuban.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Evidently, none of you are Cuban.
The fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING?

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
The fact that Cubans show up late to everything. He doesn't have an ego, he's just Cuban. Trust me, my family is very guilty of this.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Jose Fernandez is Cuban, ain't late to shit. Haven't heard anything about Jose Abreu being late. His nationality isn't an excuse.

He thinks he's the shit and can do whatever he wants. That's all this is.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I killed someone. It's okay though, I'm American and we do that. Remember all the wars? It's part of my culture!

Your nationality is NOT an excuse for doing something that is unacceptable.

Are you going to tell me that Cuban people should be exempt from any discipline for being late to work just because they are Cuban?

Yeah, what about all the other Cuban athletes (or employees in general) who manage to show up on time?

Puig is just an immature brat who the Dodgers should demote to the minors for a couple weeks as a lesson. Let him ride the bus.

MrMarlinPride

Muckdog
Reaction score
Seems like the Dodgers are experiencing a Cuban Missle Crisis...?

I'll show myself the door.

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
The fact that Cubans show up late to everything. He doesn't have an ego, he's just Cuban. Trust me, my family is very guilty of this.

I didn't reply to your Cuban comment because I thought you were just joking... Apparently not.

I'm Cuban and am notoriously late to stupid inconsequential things. I'll be 10 minutes late to pick up my gym partner to go to the gym, I'll be 5 minutes late to meeting my friends at dinner, for a class where nobody gives a shit, etc. However, that's different to being late for a job, for something important where people are seriously depending on you, especially if you're being PAID.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I killed someone. It's okay though, I'm American and we do that. Remember all the wars? It's part of my culture!

Your nationality is NOT an excuse for doing something that is unacceptable.

Are you going to tell me that Cuban people should be exempt from any discipline for being late to work just because they are Cuban?

I didn't say he should be exempt. There are rules that should be followed and he should penalized for it. What I'm saying is to simply conclude that he's late because he that he's thinks he's good is bullshit.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, what about all the other Cuban athletes (or employees in general) who manage to show up on time?

Puig is just an immature brat who the Dodgers should demote to the minors for a couple weeks as a lesson. Let him ride the bus.
There are things called exceptions, Admin.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
And to say he's late just because he's Cuban is bullshit, as well.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
I didn't reply to your Cuban comment because I thought you were just joking... Apparently not.

I'm Cuban and am notoriously late to stupid inconsequential things. I'll be 10 minutes late to pick up my gym partner to go to the gym, I'll be 5 minutes late to meeting my friends at dinner, for a class where nobody gives a s***, etc. However, that's different to being late for a job, for something important where people are seriously depending on you, especially if you're being PAID.
Good for you but I know plenty who don't. It is what it is. Like I said, my comment was directed at the fact his tardiness seemingly equates to being full of it. I provided just as good a reason for his tardiness. If you don't agree, fine. You don't have to. Just like I don't agree with the former.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
And to say he's late just because he's Cuban is bulls***, as well.

If not more so.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
And to say he's late just because he's Cuban is bulls***, as well.
So then this is a bullshit thread.

Entendu

Basic Brian
Reaction score
Good for you but I know plenty who don't. It is what it is. Like I said, my comment was directed at the fact his tardiness seemingly equates to being full of it. I provided just as good a reason for his tardiness. If you don't agree, fine. You don't have to. Just like I don't agree with the former.

It really isn't. Either these people you know still live in Cuba, or they live in America and can't hold down a job.

sdg210

Muckdog
Reaction score
Actually they do live here. They're in Hialeah. But that's there problem.

Top Bottom