What's new

Another Series Won

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
ok tonite we beat the Athletics 2-0 to win the series. which is pretty impressive and we came one at bat away from a sweep.

But it is very satisfying winning two games out of three from a team that has won over 100 games the past few years.

So the marlins are curently 6 games out of the wildcard race.

5 games out by the all-star game has been a goal, and it seems like they could easily surpass that if they keep playing great.

So now the marlins go into a 3 game series with the defending champions, although they arent the same team as last year.

So if the marlins could at least get a series win, we will go on the road against the brewers, who we swept earlier in the season.

So this upcoming angels series is very, very important for the Marlins.

If we could get a series win agaist the angels and a sweep of the brewers this team will be in great shape.

The marlins cant afford another 4 or 5 game losing streak because that could kill the season.

The marlins have won 9 of there last 13 games, and look to keep it going during the next series.

LETS GO FISH!!!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Angels can be swept the way we are playing...So can the Brew Crew... If we swept both we would be at . 500...

But the match-up I am waiting for...

Sexson VS Lowell

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's Pavano, Phelps, and Penny pitching against the Angels.

Pavano takes on Kevin Appier tomorrow, he'll have to rebound from his last start.

The key is just to keep winning series after series. The Braves may be too far out of reach, I just don't think they'll lose enough for anyone to catch them. But the Marlins really ought to be able to stick themselves into the middle of the wild-card race.

I'll tell you what, it would be a welcome change to be playing meaningful games in September.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
But the Marlins really ought to be able to stick themselves into the middle of the wild-card race.
Hence my name...

I'll tell you what, it would be a welcome change to be playing meaningful games in September.

One change I would welcome with open arms...

Top Bottom