What's new

Anyone else in Gville getting an all black screen?!!?

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
My FSN is completely black right now but the video worked for a few seconds during a commercial.... They are introducing the lineups now and its all black again. Time to call Cox, this is ridiculous

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I can hear it too, Im on hold with Cox now. Chances are they will be no help, since they are usually worthless.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
F****** Danny Wuerful lied to me about Cox being the best cable provider.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them, I got the usual "nothing we can do".... they tried to send a signal to my box and asked for my account info.... I asked how my account info could matter when this is a problem in all of Gville.... no valid response.... finally said.... Well, I dont know, just be patient. Cox has been a nightmare when it comes to the Marlins broadcasts during my three years in Gville. This is a channel that is part of what we all pay for and if I miss this game because my screen is black and Cox is doing absolutely nothing to try and resolve the problem, I will absolutely not pay for a portion of my next cable bill.

PennFishFan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Extremely frustrating that we can't even see one of the few Marlins games they're actually supposed to broadcast in G-ville....

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
Email sent to Cox:

For at least two hours now, channel 70 in Gainesville (Fox Sports Net) has been completely black with only audio. Fox Sports Net, as I would assume you know is part of the cable lineup that I and other Gainesville residents pay for every month and for it to be black right now is absolutely ridiculous. I know that this is also the case elsewhere in Gainesville but not anywhere else in Florida. I have already spoken with somebody on the phone and the only answer I got was "be patient" rather than we are working to get it fixed. He also said if it remains black for at least four hours, I will receive a discount or credit on my next cable bill and when and if this is the case I will be sure that I do not pay for the full price of the usual cable package as I am not receiving what I am paying for. I am sending this email because I know Cox Cable is very inefficient and lacks communication and I would like this problem to be fixed immediately. Thank you for any help.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
hey! at least we got to watch Samson's heart warming journey to Iron-Manhood!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
An hour into the game, still a frickin black screen, and yet I can't bring myself to watch something else.

SCREW YOU DANNY WUERFUL!!!! I will always know you as the national championship quarterback and never the Cox guy, so there!

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Cox Cable sucking the big one.

At least Comcast Tallahassee didn't find a way to buzzkill this game.

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
im getting the commercial now...

do I even want to watch Julio self-destruct?

Ridiculous. Cox shows the commercials and then blacks the game out

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
im getting the commercial now...

do I even want to watch Julio self-destruct?

Ridiculous. Cox shows the commercials and then blacks the game out
Their video server locally seems to be working, they must be having issues getting FSN Florida off the satellite. That may take a while to fix.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
I assure you that they are not trying to fix it as they are 100% worthless. They are most definitely not working towards any kind of resolution. Ill have just as much info keeping up with the game on my phone tomorrow at the UF-FSU game.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
i attempted to get cox to fix my the issue they sent a strong signal to my box , asked me to unplug my box wait 30 secs than plug it in again the result was they have now knocked out all of my digital cable so not only i am i not getting to watch the marlins game they just made matters worse i guess it is time yet again to swap out my box . seriously this is the worst cable company in the state !

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
You guys are the lucky ones...

I disagree. Listening to Rich Waltz and staring at a black screen during this can only be worse.

Top Bottom