What's new

Apparently Jeter is currently living in Hell?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Totally ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
“The bottom line is, when you’re competing, you’re competing to win,” Jeter said. "We’ve taken on quite a challenge down there in Miami. We look at it as a huge opportunity. We believe in the fanbase in Miami. We believe in the organization that we’re building. We understand it’s going to take some time. I’ve said it before. I preach patience, even though I have none. It also takes a little time for the fan base to develop that trust for us. I can’t go down there and tell everyone to trust me. They don’t know me. It takes a little bit of time for that.

“One thing I said is, I’m not going to make any promises that I can’t keep. Every promise that we’ve made, we’ve kept so far. And, you know, look, I want to win as much as anyone. I didn’t get into this to lose. I could have stayed home and retired. Just ask my wife, she probably would be happier if I was at home every day and retired, but I got into this because I always wanted to give back to the game. And I wanted to build something that we can be proud of. That everyone in Miami could be proud of.”

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
It's a challenge that he took on because he's always a competitor and, in his words, wanted "to give back to the game."

Has it been easy? Nope. Has he completed the challenge yet? Nope.

But why is it hell? Maybe Jeter enjoys the challenge?

SongInTheAir

Hammerhead
Writer
Reaction score
I mean, I hated living in Miami too, but I don't think I would call it Hell™

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Why did I capitalize Hell in the thread title?

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
I don't specialize in grammar so I didn't know that.

Top Bottom