What's new

April 26 post game

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
If Hech just does what he did last year offensively, and his defensive metrics improve (which I don't see why they wouldn't, he has all the tools out there), he's not a bad guy to have on the team.

I said this about both Hech and Dee before the year started.

The biggest problem was Saltalamacchia and he's already been replaced, so woo.

The biggest problem now is the lack of top end talent in our rotation. Hopefully those guys can survive until Alvarez and Jose come back. The bullpen should be fine, and the lineup should be fine, as well. Dee and Hech will probably slow down at some point, but we've gotten nothing from Morse so far, and Ozuna's power hasn't shown up yet. Also, Yelich probably won't suck all year. It'll be nice to get him back, and it's also nice to have Ichiro instead of Reed Johnson while we wait.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Ichiro over Reed Johnson is such an underrated upgrade. Love it. Also, I went to yesterdays game and I swear I saw more Japanese fans than I have combined in my three years going to the ballpark. Not even making a joke about it, it's kinda cool .

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins are 7-3 when Ichiro starts, and 4-0 with Tommy out of the booth.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I expect a better showing against the Mets this time. Event though the Marlins were swept, the games were close and it seems like a few key hard hit balls by the Marlins with men on base were always caught.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I expect a better showing against the Mets this time. Event though the Marlins were swept, the games were close and it seems like a few key hard hit balls by the Marlins with men on base were always caught.
Looking back, while we didn't play great, I feel like the Mets series was more them playing hot than us being shit... Therefore I'm excited for this next series to see how we fare against them now that we're hot.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
We're not facing Harvey or DeGrom in this next series so hopefully that helps.

SoddenEye

Muckdog
Reaction score
Arpenschplat said:
​Oh, come on. We were absolute garbage. We're a completely different team this time around.
​For one Yelich WAS hurt, so I guess there's that. The pitching sure wasn't the best either but hopefully they can pull through in this next series.

Reaction score
Its nice to be excited, but im taking the Marlins game to game, Very temperamental team, always inconstant. So im not really getting my hopes up just yet. Im just enjoying each game they win, not looking to the future right now with this team. Yes, thats what happens when your a Marlins fan since 1995

Jonny Ramos

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dee is good, but I'm worried about his steal/caught %. He's already been picked off at first a couple of times and gets thrown out at second at a high clip. Don't really know what it means yet, but the positives sure outweigh the negatives here.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Arpenschplat said:
​Oh, come on. We were absolute garbage. We're a completely different team this time around.
I didn't say we were playing great that weekend but the Mets won like 11 in a row in that stretch... You don't think their hot streak had something to do with those four losses? Its not like we lost four straight against a team that hadn't won a game yet.

Also, we made comebacks in two of those higher scoring games and lost by one in both.

Vince0926

I didn't say we were playing great that weekend but the Mets won like 11 in a row in that stretch... You don't think their hot streak had something to do with those four losses? Its not like we lost four straight against a team that hadn't won a game yet.

Also, we made comebacks in two of those higher scoring games and lost by one in both.
problem is mets are still hot. Thats why we need garrett jones and the yankees to come through tonight.

Schnellders

Muckdog
Reaction score
How things may have been different had Stanton been tagged out between 3rd and home. Was great to see us capitalise on the mistake and immediately after put 3 on the board.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Lol @ "Garrett Jones and the Yankees."

Top Bottom