What's new

As if Michael Waltrip didn't have enough problems already...

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Michael Waltrip Charged After Vehicle Accident Saturday: UPDATE: Statement from Waltrip: #55-Michael Waltrip is charged with reckless driving and failure to report an accident after a crash on Molly's Backbone Road in Catawba County. The Highway Patrol says Waltrip was driving about 70 miles per hour in the 55 mile-per-hour zone when he went off the right side of the road in a curve around 1:50 a.m. Saturday. His car then traveled back across the pavement and off the left side of the roadway, sliding sideways and striking a utility pole as it overturned. The car then rolled over and came to a rest on its side. Troopers said a witness saw Waltrip crawl out of the vehicle and leave the scene. When a trooper went to his home around 2:30 a.m. no one was there, but when he went back at 8 a.m. he found Waltrip, who admitted he'd fallen asleep at the wheel. Waltrip, with scratches on his face and some deep cuts on his finger, spoke with Eyewitness News about the crash. He said he was on his way home to Sherill's Ford from Charlotte. "I was almost home. I relaxed a little bit and ran off the road," he explained. "I woke up with gravel hitting the car and I tried to correct but it was too late. The seasoned driver says he instinctively got out of his car, and then decided to walk home because he often runs the route and was only a mile away. Waltrip will be in court in Newton on May 14.(WSOCTV.com)(4-10-2007)

UPDATE: Michael Waltrip was uninjured in a single car accident Friday night near his home in Sherrills Ford, N.C. The 43-year old was returning from Charlotte, N.C. when he fell asleep at the wheel within a mile of his home and ran off the road, striking a telephone pole. ?I am really embarrassed about the accident, but I feel fortunate that I wasn?t hurt,? said Waltrip. ?For 25 years I have had a great driving record. I consider myself to be a courteous and safe driver on public roads. I never expected to fall asleep behind the wheel of a car.? The North Carolina Highway Patrol ticketed Waltrip for reckless driving (admitting to falling asleep at the wheel) and failure to notify authorities of an accident in a timely manner.(MWR PR)(4-10-2007)
source

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
good

he's a dick

I hope he misses every race from here on out

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
^ Agreed.

He's my least favorite driver in NASCAR.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
good

he's a dick

the only races he might make are talledega and daytona.

he sucks everywhere else.

is his team the worst one of the toyota stable?

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
good

he's a dick

I'd 'take' Waltrip over Brian Vickers

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
good

he's a dick

I'd 'take' Waltrip over Brian Vickers

as a person or a driver?

cause on a person i could give you that.

as a driver, no way in hell.

i mean on team red bull they have brian vickers, probably the best driver in the toyota camp at this point in time. allmindinger, i dont know what to think of him.

bill davis racing has dave blaney, a solid driver usually, good for somewhere in the top 25 in points. mayfield who has made the chase, but for whatever reason missed the first 4 races this year.

waltrip racing has waltrip, who flat out sucks on anything not named a superspeedway and always has. dale jarrett who has been washed up and basically done for a good 3 years at least. ruitmann or however you spell his name, who is insignificant at best.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
arrested?

or given a ticket?
Just ticketed. I fixed it and added the story.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ward Burton fell asleep at the wheel a couple years ago, too. Both of these guys sound like they're lucky to be alive.

Top Bottom