What's new

Astros to name Dusty Baker as new manager

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
Interesting they didn't let a new GM hire a manager.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Interesting they didn't let a new GM hire a manager.
Because of the odd timing I think they felt they needed a manager first and the GM hire could take it's time. They can get away with several executives working together as the GM for a while but they can't get away with not naming a manager as they start spring training. With that said Dusty Baker is probably the right choice for now as they'll need an old school no nonsense guy to come in and make sure the BS distractions are gone and that the team can focus on doing their job on the field. I think some new young analytical manager hire wouldn't be able to lead that shaken clubhouse during this period. With that said, I wonder how long Dusty's deal is for because I question whether the Astros see him as the long term manager or just as the guy coming in to police the situation and keep everyone in line.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Note - that says OPINION. Bob framed it as breaking news.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Happy to see Johnnie B. back in a Major League dugout!

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Did you guys read Bob's article? It wasn't an opinion that Dusty is getting the job.

It's not official nor finalized yet so technically it could still fall through but the Astros have already chosen Dusty as their next manager.

Bob's article was written after the choice was made and he was writing about why he agrees with the choice but Dusty getting the job wasn't Bob's opinion or just speculation.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Did you guys read Bob's article? It wasn't an opinion that Dusty is getting the job.

It's not official nor finalized yet so technically it could still fall through but the Astros have already chosen Dusty as their next manager.

Bob's article was written after the choice was made and he was writing about why he agrees with the choice but Dusty getting the job wasn't Bob's opinion or just speculation.
He linked to an old headline/story which was updated yesterday, the share image on twitter updates slow so it showed the old excerpt and headline. But yeah, yesterday's tweet was never about an opinion.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
He linked to an old headline/story which was updated yesterday, the share image on twitter updates slow so it showed the old excerpt and headline. But yeah, yesterday's tweet was never about an opinion.
Oh, well when I read the article it already said the choice was made so I think it's not possible that Dusty isn't not the next Astros manager.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Nightengale Wrongness is pretty common, though. 😁

I owe him nothing.

Top Bottom