What's new

Attn: Disney Fans!

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know! Think it'll fit in WDW? I think there's room. *crosses fingers it's for WDW*

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I havent been to animal kingdom yet, but how does it compare to the other 3 parks?

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I haven't been to AK in years. Actually, last time I was there, they haven't even started building Everest. I like it, but it's not yet much of a big deal. The only thing there really worth doing (as far as rides go) is Everest. Kilimanjaro Safari is awesome too.

It is very very nice though. I have heard some rumblings about them building something new over there. I don't know what it is yet though.

The bad thing about it is that it closes earlier than the other parks because of the animals. It's horrible to go to on a hot summer day because there's not many things to do indoors (like at MK or EPCOT, for example). Last time I went, it was August and I think I drank like 5 bottles of Powerade. So, I would rather go on a cooler day. This is the best time to go, I think.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just went this past July to AK, and they were mentioning how much more land they had and that they would build something soon.

And AK is boring as hell except for Everest. I only stayed half the day because I finished everything I wanted to see in such a short time.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
Max and I were going to try to go to AK when we go to WDW next month, but couldn't find the time. As long as I go to the MK, I'll be just fine. I miss my Dole Whip. :drool

El Guapo

Muckdog
Reaction score
it looks awesome.... i hope its built in orlando...

Oh and you guys ever get the chance to do new years at WDW do it...
did it this year and it was incredable.... one of the most amazing things i've ever seen......

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would love to be at WDW for New Year's Eve.

Anyway, one thing I am really looking forward to seeing is how the update on Pirates of the Caribbean came out. I haven't been to Disney in almost a year and I have been dying to see Capt. Jack Sparrow. :)

I am also looking forward to seeing the new Living with the Seas (featuring Nemo).

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

Anyway, one thing I am really looking forward to seeing is how the update on Pirates of the Caribbean came out. I haven't been to Disney in almost a year and I have been dying to see Capt. Jack Sparrow. :)

I am also looking forward to seeing the new Living with the Seas (featuring Nemo).

Im not ashamed to say that I...*ahem* love Disney. :cool

Anyway, I went last month and got to check out POTC for the first time since they reopened it. There's not much of a difference, really. Obviously they added Capt. Jack. They also added Barbosa from the first movie and a projection of Davey Jones onto some fog that you pass through during the ride. The one major thing I noticed other than the new characters is that the pirates don't sing quite as much as they used to. Only towards the end of the ride. There's alot of dialogue in its place since now there's the story line of pirates looking for Sparrow. It's still great though.

As for all that new stuff...damn! Where do they plan on fitting it all? I mean, I saw on the Travel Channel that Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot ALL fit into Animal Kingdom comfortably, but that's a bunch of stuff and it wouldn't really have anything to do with the AK. Hmm. Pretty interesting though. I'm just wondering if those are the plans for Florida or California.

Well before I go let me say...ride Everest! It is a bad-ass ride. It's right up there with the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Maybe even better. I'm just bummed I didn't get the chance to ride it when I last went because it was having technical difficulties. I was already in line too. :mad

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope they don't build a new park in Florida. Animal Kingdom and MGM can use more stuff instead, but I think we have more room than Disney Land does for building more.

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
If anyone wants to see how Disney looked for the New Year....check out my pics..I was also just there....Also, if anyone has me on their myspace, I have some of the Illuminations fireworks on my video......

Disney Pics

MikeLowell25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope they don't build a new park in Florida. Animal Kingdom and MGM can use more stuff instead, but I think we have more room than Disney Land does for building more.
Yup. AK and MGM are half days if you visit them, there isn't enough to do there. MGM you have Rockin Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror .. Fantasmic is cool too. AK, theres really just like, Expedition Everest .. but Dino isn't bad I guess.

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was at Disney for New Years Eve last year, and it was pretty fun. Went to MK.

I rode on 'Pirates' just before the rehab.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

Its a lot of fun.

Did that twice in 99 and 00.

Regarding Animal Kingdom, I like the place, but I also like to go on the trail type deals and just explore and see what my eyes can find. Nothing terribly unique about those areas, but nature lovers and animal lovers (esp bird lovers) would really go for a place like that.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
still want the japanese mountain in epcot for a roller coaster as they had planned for years now :(

jmenjes

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd like to be up at WDW for the Christmas season. I might just do that this year, as Mousefest will be in early December.

Mojo's right about Everest..it's just awesome.

I'm going to go watch Illuminations right now.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'll probably go to Disney sometime in the next year considering it's just under 2 hours from Gainesville. There really is no feeling like walking through the gates of Epcot, MGM Studios, or especially Magic Kingdom.

Top Bottom