What's new

Austin Dean designated for assignment

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Magadan was on the Marlins opening day roster then got traded but returned in 94 so I think it's easy to forget that he even left in 93.

omg now I think we actually are discussing an old trade in this thread!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Magadan was on the Marlins opening day roster then got traded but returned in 94 so I think it's easy to forget that he even left in 93.

omg now I think we actually are discussing an old trade in this thread!
he got traded back to the marlins that winter for the same guy

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I expected "odd man out" would go to Dean, Sierra, Wallach or Moran. Just 26-year-old, a power potential OF was DFA'd. That's too bad, but I believe FO will choose a right decision.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Seen a lot of people saying that Austin Dean is too good and will bounce back elsewhere etc etc.

I mean, he's a likeable dude but the guy has had so many chances to stay in the majors but he's totally shit the bed. People are being nice just to be nice because I'm not convinced Dean even makes it on another big league roster if it's not due to serious lack of depth somewhere.

Austin Dean just isn't that good people.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I think Dean's below-average defensive skill gonna make him lead this. Also he didn't show own enough power in major level.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Nobody said the reason for his DFA even I know it's to make room for Cervelli …

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
I mean they probably should have dfa’d dean over Brice initially but whatever.
Ah the order doesn't really matter.

Someone call his bluff.
Mike Hill would have to do it.

Whatever happened to Magadan?
He starred as a member of the Mariners in Little Big League as the guy who grounded into the game ended double play to set up a one game playoff between the Mariners and Twins, and then he was also the guy who hit the ground ball who got by the third baseman, a play that scored the eventual winning run, but not without dramatics. Good movie.

Not this again
I don't have proof but perhaps FishFan1995 was legally dead for all of 1993. We all know they are like 95 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom