What's new

Avg with RISP?

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you check the espn site for the Marlins offensive numbers they are in the top 10 for almost every category in the major leagues. If you consider only the NL the Marlins are in the top 5 in most categories. Enemy number one is obviously our hitting with RISP. I challenge someone to find a site with that number so we can see what it is currently and track it throughout the season. :mischief2

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
they showed that stat during the game we were leading the nl with a .304 avg with risp.

i dont know you guys expect them to hit 1.000 risp.

its not gonna hapen, it was .304 around the 6th and 7th inning when they showed it we were on top of the phillies.

they had a .284

guys thats not a terrible loss, all we need to do is win at least 1 of the next two and we'll be fine.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
They'll be fine too win 1 out of 4 games?

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you check the espn site for the Marlins offensive numbers they are in the top 10 for almost every category in the major leagues. If you consider only the NL the Marlins are in the top 5 in most categories. Enemy number one is obviously our hitting with RISP. I challenge someone to find a site with that number so we can see what it is currently and track it throughout the season. :mischief2
Actually, I found the stats with avg with risp on espn and the Marlins are actually doing very well in that category:

Average with RISP: .298 (2nd in NL, 5th in majors)
Average with RISP, 2 out: .304 (1st in NL, 5th in majors)

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
guys thats not a terrible loss, all we need to do is win at least 1 of the next two and we'll be fine.
So... if we win 1 out of 4 we would be at 7-11 and possibly in last place...

Edit: Thank heaven for 7Eleven! :lol

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
despite all the talk about the team not needing home runs to win.....

When the Marlins hit at least 1 home run in a game, they're 4-2.
When they hit zero, they're 2-7.

There's a statistic somewhere about big innings. It explains how very often, the winning team in a game has one inning where they score as many or more runs than the other team did for the entire game. Tonight for example, the Phillies scored 3 runs in the 7th, which is the same as Florida scored the entire game. Look around the box scores sometime, you'd be surprised how often this is the case.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
its kinda funny that we say we arent clutch but we have been coming through...

we just need a 'shut down' game from a pitcher.....

i mean 1 or 0 runs.....

not 1 run and then a 3 run jimmy jack= 4 runs....

we need Penny to be the stopper tomorrow

eadearmas

Muckdog
Reaction score
Regarding those numbers, I went to ESPN to find more clutch-hitting related stats. This is what I found:

1. Collectively, the team is batting for a 200 avg with the bases loaded, with and OBP of 190 and SLG of 200.
2. With runners on, they are batting for a 289 avg, OBP is 375 and SLG is 495.
3. With runners on scoring position, they are batting for a 282 avg, OBP is 392 and SLG is 493.
4. With runners on scoring position and 2 outs, they are batting for a 270 avg, OBP is 395 and SLG is 492.

So, in terms of clutch hitting, their biggest problem is with a bases loaded situation. They are doing pretty decent with runners on scoring position, and ok when they have two outs.

Top Bottom