What's new

Baseball Trip

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
So me and two of my good friends are going to be going on a huge baseball trip in mid-July

Philly, two NYs, Boston, Pitt, Clev, Detroit, two Chicagos, Mil, St Louis, and Cincy

We are debating which we should get tickets ahead of time or if we should get tickets for all of them ahead of time. Obviously Boston, Wrigley, Yankee will all probably need to be bought ahead of time. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

Any other general advice. I know a few of you have been on similar trips...

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
So me and two of my good friends are going to be going on a huge baseball trip in mid-July

Philly, two NYs, Boston, Pitt, Clev, Detroit, two Chicagos, Mil, St Louis, and Cincy

We are debating which we should get tickets ahead of time or if we should get tickets for all of them ahead of time. Obviously Boston, Wrigley, Yankee will all probably need to be bought ahead of time. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

Any other general advice. I know a few of you have been on similar trips...

Yankees shouldnt be that hard, depending on who they play. If you check on stubhub you can get bleacher tickets or upper tier for 8 dollars to most games.
Cubs: check out their website, you can still get tickets for some games.
Redsox: the season is sold out so your best best is stubhub, ebay or craigslist.org. I usually do ebay and wait a few weeks before the game when the price drops.
IF cleveland catches fire, you may want to get tickets for the indians in advace. I remember they had that streak of 400 sell outs in a row.

I would consider checking out ebay for all the games you want to go to, and if you get a good deal snap up the tickets, that way you wont have to wait in line to get tickets the day of the game.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ya just picked up $7 Yanks tickets
And Wrigley was sold out, but we picke up $45 tickets there
Boston is going to be interesting

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
that shouldnt be a tough ticket, you'll probably pay what you did for wrigley.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Buy this book:

"The Ultimate Baseball Road-Trip" by Josh Pahigian and Kevin O'Connell.

I ordered it online (Amazon I believe). It has EVERYTHING you need.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yankees shouldnt be that hard, depending on who they play. If you check on stubhub you can get bleacher tickets or upper tier for 8 dollars to most games.
I will tell you right now, bleacher seats are about 100x better than upper tier and a lot less $. With the upper tier, you are so far removed from the action that you end up with a bunch of people way less into the game and way more into getting a hotdog. In the bleachers, you are REQUIRED to yell and scream and have fun.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
I will tell you right now, bleacher seats are about 100x better than upper tier and a lot less $. With the upper tier, you are so far removed from the action that you end up with a bunch of people way less into the game and way more into getting a hotdog. In the bleachers, you are REQUIRED to yell and scream and have fun.
My only thing with the bleachers is that I was told you can't walk around the rest of the stadium...I'd love to be able to walk around Yankee stadium

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just get there an hour early. They close monument park 1/2 hour before game time anyway.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
I leave on Sunday for mine... Wrigley, Milwalkee, Atlanta.. ALL TO SEE THE FISH PLAY!!! I used stub hub for my wrigley tix, some tickets are over priced it just really depends on what kind of see you want..

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm going to the northeastern parks this summer. I've going to see the Sawx play, but we know a season ticket holder who's gonna give us his seats for a game.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tickets have been purchased and I leave tomorrow.

Not that anyone cares but here's the schedule:

Cincy @ NY Mets 7/12
STL @ Philly 7/13
White Sox @ Balt 7/14
Toronto @ Red Sox 7/15 (Long drive)
Toronto @ New York 7/16
Colorodo @ Pittsburgh 7/17
White Sox @ Clev 7/18
7/19-Off Day/Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
KC @ Detroit 7/20
San Fran @ Mil 7/21 (come on Bonds get hot)
Arizona @ Cubbies 7/22
Det @ White Sox 7/23
Cubbies @ St Louis 7/24
Mil @ Cincy 7/25

Sucks I don't get to see the fish, 18 teams isn't too bad. A lot of driving, but nothing too extreme. Toughest day is going to be from Philly (Where we are staying after Balt) to Boston for an afternoon game. We may just drive up after the Balt game. We'll see.

I'm taking a ton ton of pictures so I'll try to post the link to the site. Speaking of that. What's the best picture hosting site? I know Photobucket is there, but is that good for albums and stuff?

marlins02

I am green with envy. That's a hell of a trip. Have fun and good luck.

me to, i would give anything to plan a trip like that one day. have fun

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
That sounds fun as hell, enjoy the trip. As for pictures, try www.fotki.com I use it for my pictures and it works nicely.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wish I could take a trip like that, i've never seen a baseball game outside of DS. :(

Top Bottom