What's new

Batters box or Founders Field?

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a ticket in either the Batters box or Founders Field - I am weighing my options. IYO which is the best place to sit? I know they are both great but I can only go once. For those of you who have sat in either of these sections... what your pros and cons?
Thanks a bunch.

Poll - Field Box = Founders Field.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
By Field Box, you mean Founders Field?
Are those on the field? (first and third base)

Yeah, I don't know if they changed the names of them but they were called Founders Field in previous years. I've sat Batters Box and it's amazing, never sat in Founders Field though.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if they changed the names of them but they were called Founders Field in previous years. I've sat Batters Box and it's amazing, never sat in Founders Field though.
Yea, you are right.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ummm, of course you chose Batter's Box. It's frickin amazing. I haven't sat there since 98, but then we were able to get some autographs before the game since the players walked by from the locker room to the dugout. If you can sit there, definatly do it. It's an incredible experience.

buccanes

Muckdog
Reaction score
batters box..

sat there twice.. and they are amazing seats.

plus you dont have to worry about line drives coming at you like you do in the founders field

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
which is behind home plate?
Batters box.
take them

then again, I'm partial to being behind homeplate

my favorite angle to watch a game

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know- I'd go with Founders Field.

Batters Box is nice because you're closer and it's a unique perspective, but personally watching baseball through a screen drives me nuts.

Ns2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
^^ agreed. So yeah dood, I went to opening day with my cousin and we sat behind 3rd and they are AMAZING seats. I could see Cabs perfectly and Hanley and even Uggla. Great sits, and don't worry about getting hit by a ball, I bet you'll catch it! hehehe

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
founders field...company seats last year, my dad would let me go on my own on weeknights and weekdays...great seats, you get to go up close and personal with the players (conversations and autographs) and you get to watch indoor bp...fun times

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Batter's Box or Founder's Field gets you the same opportunities to see the player's underneath the stands. Founder's Field gives you a better chance for meetings/autographs before the game. I prefer the behind the plate view, but I choose Founder's Field, especially if you get first row closest to home. I somehow feel closer to the action there. You have to be more on your toes, ready for the sharp foul. For behind the plate, first 15 rows infield or founder's box is good. With the price difference you could do 1 game Founder's Field PLUS 1 game infield box behind the plate for same price as 1 game Batter's Box. The Mermaids also hang out in Founder's Field. Camera guy too. Batter's box could find you sitting next to midget man, or in the background on TV all game. Best seat there is closest to third base dugout, unless you want to sit near midget man. You can't go wrong no matter what you choose.

Night Phantom

Founder's Field are great seats, but I've never sat in Batter's Box so I'd go there. Always wanted to be on the floor behind homeplate.

marlins02

i used to serve food in both sections and id try to sneak a rest here and there on those seats and of course catch the game... go with the founders seats behind the plate. batters box are great seats but in founders you dont have to sit with your head turned the entire time to watch the game.

which is behind home plate?
Batters box.

i dont know i remember dreading seeing "batters box" next to my name cause that meant no tips. im pretty sure batters box are the ones on the field and founders are behind the plate.

Reason63

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah but in the batters box i believe you have an amazing chance to get everyones auto and the ondeck circle is like 5 ft away from you.

Top Bottom