What's new

Be on the "look out" for Radio pigskin guy

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
:angry He's out in all his colors. I heard a little yesterday driving to the ballpark. The Big 0# as I called him is really pounding his chest about the firing, is blaming management. Bascially trashing every Marlin fan who called with an opinion against what he was saying. Amazing this holes are like guys who haven't had s*x in awhile and are just ready to exploded. Hey pigskin fan, I know you want to trash this team at every turn. Sh*t they fire the GUY inside the fish suit and it a hot top on this loser show. I know you can wait get started on your 15th mini camp talk or talkin about the 7 round pick who looks great standing next the coach or the 5th string LB position battle. It eating you up that you have talk baseball but this team isn't going away. How much baseball have you watched? 2innings all year?You and that other guy the "taco bell dog" can try to put your "Super Bowl" bound LOL team above all the sports in this town it not going to help. I'm through,I can go on and on but Admin might get upset.

:marlins

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bravo - I heard this jerkoff yesterday as well. His comments are so un-informed. He should just stick to football - I call him Mel Kiper, Jr. Jr - draftnik wannbe - he doesn't know squat when it comes to baseball.

He just wants the team to wave a magic wand and make a deal. Well how often do major league teams make trades in May? Not very often.

He keeps harping on how Loria can't afford a team and how we need an owner with deep pockets. Oh yeah - guys like Wayne Huizenga and John Henry - right?

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
The "Big O". As in Obnoxious, Obstinate, Offensive Oaf. I had to turn it off, the guy is so painful to listen to.

Go back to your room and wait for Dolphins camp jerkoff.

My favorite line during the 10 minutes I could stomach of his show was that "players like Encarnacion, Hollandsworth, and Alex Gonzalez have to be more consistent hitting". Alex Gonzalez? He's been the best hitter on the team you freaking dolt. Proof that the guy hasn't watched a single game this season. He knows zero about baseball, he's just a box-score guy the next morning and waits to pile on when something bad happens with the team. He has ripped Torborg ad naseum on his shows, so they fire him & yet still he cries like a baby.

Orlando Alzeguery is the worst kind of sports-talk radio guy. Negative about everything. He should get a room with Dan LeBatard.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
And did you hear on SportsCenter? Dan Le "Retard" Betard is now saying the move won't change anything and I think he even critisised the firing...

God those two are dumb...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's tragic how when there's anything happening in south florida, they go to LeBatard for comments. What a horrible joke. He's a little putz who's obsessed with himself. You can see him laughing at all of his own jokes on interviews.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hell, I would rather them get there info from Adam Rebel or Josh Clinton here...

They both writw good articles but haven't done anything lately... I like to read their articles...

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm taken a late lunch today to hear the BIGGEST pigskin hole that 50 something grease ball called the "taco bell dog". Who to me remind me of that guy in American Pie the drug dealer's father who at the end comes out the closet after acting like this tough SOB throughout the movie. :lol not that there's something wrong with that, its your choice but to put this front like this tough SOB when you look like a clown on TV is too :lol

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
I do agree that changing the manager does not necessarily change the results thus far. But a change was certainly needed - from a cosmetic standpoint. The majority of the fans were calling for Torborg and with all the injuries to the pitchers, he became the scapegoat. But the media is ridiculously negative about ANYTHING the Marlins do. I am amazed that Loria & Co. is sticking this thing through - the guy is used to telling other people what to do and probably does not need to be so cruely scrutinized. Especially by a group of people (the media) who dont know anything about baseball...but I guess I dont either... :blink: :banghead

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ed who's the taco bell dog?

Oh & I think you mean American Beauty....American Pie would be a whole different story...lol

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea I was gonna say, there was nothing like that in American Pie... I never saw American Beauty...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hank Goldberg will have GM Admin Beinfest on at around 6:00 today just in case anyone wants to tune in.

Beinfest usually makes an a** of himself in interviews, and to make it worse I'm sure Hank will be a jerk as usual and be confrontational and negative about the Marlins. Same old story. Can't we get someone with at least some baseball knowledge on the freaking Marlins flagship station? It's the same when hockey season rolls around, no one can talk intelligently about the Panthers. 560 WQAM sucks.

Anyway, I'm gonna tune in to hear if anything interesting comes out.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wow, that was actually a mature, civil, serious interview Hank conducted. Always a first time I guess. Beinfest didn't really say anything new, but admitted they all liked and had lots of respect for Torborg, just simply thought the team was just not winning enough games. I think the road trip where they dropped 6 straight games, almost all of them close but couldn't come up with any hits, made up their minds. He mentioned they were disappointed in the production of Hollandsworth and to a lesser extent Juan Encarnacion, but that Todd has been swinging the bat better in the past weeks and they expect him to contribute more. It was one of the better interviews I've heard from Beinfest, at least he conceeded that the team has some problems. Didn't blame Torborg or Arnsberg on any one single aspect of the team, just that they needed an overall change. Also pointed to the fact that McKeon has twice (with the Padres and Reds) taken a team well under .500 at midseason and led them to winning records.

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hank is one of those guys(pigskin) that atleast tries once in a while (bring Mike Berardino on and the Marlins). I guess it depends on weather he's had s*x the night before. If he's in a good mood or not. Joe Rose and Hank are all right, even though Rose is a Giants fan but he's a baseball fan.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
See that's me... A big baseball fan that happens to love the Marlins...

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hank Goldberg is pretty objective when he conducts an interview - he has skills in that area. The way he phrases or frames a question can allow the interviewee to respond in a way that reveals valuable information without being confrontational.

Now, when the kleig light turn off and Hank's flying solo, it's a different story. He rants and raves and is generally very negative about the Marlins. I really think he wanted to be the PR director back in the early days, and when HWH didn't hire him, he determined that he would exact his revenge forever. He even took to calling them the "Florida Mullets" in the early years, just for fun.

This all gets back to what I call the "Neil Rogers" syndrome; ie, if you can't say something negative, don't say anything at all. This is a cancerous attitude, and will never allow for steady growth, patience, and hope. Hank has embraced this attitude, as have the Big O and Jim Mandich. On the other side, I think you'll find at least a sembelence of balance from Joe Z, Eddie K, and Josh Friedman.

Top Bottom