What's new

Beinfest is an idiot!

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why dont you try and state why you feel the way you do? Per this interview, I dont see any reason to follow your belief, in fact I think highly of Beinfest. For one, he seems to understand you need a good mix of people for checks and balances and also to get all options and perspectives covered. He has straight shooters (McKeon) and approachable types (Rosenthal) as well as organized guys with characters. Pretty sound in regards to the coaching staff.

And his pointing out the middle of the lineup as being our main problem is partly correct. Pierre and Castillo can work and I agree with Beinfest that this is not the reason why we arent scoring runs. Both of them (.337 and .386OBP, respectively) have been doing their jobs (although Pierre needs to raise his OBP, he has been relatively successful as our leadoff man). Here is what the lineup looks like if we break down the basic stats for each position:

#1 .258 0HR 13RBI .321OBP
#2 .346 2HR 12RBI .403OBP
#3 .281 10HR 34RBI
#4 .213 5HR 19RBI
#5 .282 9 HR 25RBI
#6 .287 10HR 30RBI
#7 .277 5HR 21RBI
#8 .258 5HR 21RBI

It seems our weakest point is the #4 slot. That is where we need to be the most successful in terms of generating runs.

#2 is by far the most productive position in the lineup (Castillo 177AB is batting .377 there! Pierre with 38AB was batting .316 - it seems they both hit better in the second slot, but that could be misleading as Castillo was injured to start the season. I say move P to 2 and C back to 1, but that may screw things up too...).

Our #1 and #8 are below the rest of the lineup AVG-wise, but everywhere else has been pretty solid.

#3 and 5 seem to say that the heart of our lineup is successful, but I think that the terrible play of the #4 (no matter who) has been killing us because it ends rallies and forces the #5 to lead off - every slot in the batting order has out produced the #4 except the top 2 spots, but not by much.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jack1 is highly anti-Marlins management. There is nothing in this interview that speaks poorly of Beinfest.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
it's a nothing article. The interview doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Whether you think Beinfest is an idiot or not, I don't see why this article would have any effect on that.

jonnylons

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thanks Ross, I can see that. There are many others on the MLB site that are also anti-Loria & Co. Most of their reasons are pseudo-reasons, part logic, part conspiracy, all speculation. I dont understand it, but maybe I am just blind... :cool

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I personally like Beinfest, and most of the things he does. Although, what this front-office does right, it does two more things wrong...

Top Bottom